Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Working with 29 daily points...

Having done WW before, 29 points sounds like a ton, but now that foods are calculated differently, well I am struggling a little bit.  I know I have 49 weekly points to use, but would prefer to keep those for the weekend when eating out or socializing tends to happen a bit more, but it is difficult - at least right now.

Friday I managed to  use 9 of my weekly points because I had one very stressful day and seriously needed to chill out.  Finding out that some of my favorite things are a ton of points.  Lean Cuisine Mac N Cheese is 7 points (that's a lot)...1/2 cup of almonds 5 points - so that was part of my problem.  But again, I figured if I use those weekly points on the weekend, I should be ok.   Saturday not so bad, I did get to the gym and took a Body Pump class, did some work and then went shopping for groceries with my mom.  Was under control until my husband suggests that I bring a pizza home- which wouldn't be too bad by itself (14 points for 2 slices), all things considered - but we then got a last minute invite to our friends house and even though I limited myself to one glass of wine- out came the Potato Chips, the Marshmallows and other snacky types of food.  I was doomed...used 17 of those weekly points.

Sunday I had intended on getting in some sort of workout, but I ran a few errands, ordered my Anniversary Ring, had a picnic with friends and did some work.   Again, 9 weekly points spent...and that was with packing my own lunch for the picnic but my sandwich was still 13 points- my nemesis- CHEESE, 3 pts per slice and I really don't think I can go low-fat on Cheese.  The shredded stuff inside a home-made taco, fine, but slices of cheese- don't think so.  I even brought some fruit to the park and ate it--but even "my" fruit costs points- I don't like "real" pears, but I will eat pear halves in light syrup, so 2 points for that and 0 points for my pineapple chunks.

So Monday gets here and I realize that my counter resets on Monday- I was thinking that because I weigh in on Fridays that my "week' was Friday to Friday- so now I have a whole new bank of 49 weekly points and I feel that can be dangerous - so I am trying to trick myself into feeling that I only have 14 points to use over 4 days.  The mind games begin. Not sure why I do this to myself.   However, today I only exceeded my daily points by 6, so 43 weeklies left!  I did get to Body Pump this morning, wanted to get to Zumba tonight, but after errands and putting the Costco goods away, it was too close for comfort.

It feels good to be getting my workouts in and I can already feel that I'm getting my strength back now that I've been back in the Body Pump saddle now for several weeks- taking or teaching class 3 times a week! 

So slowly but surely, I am making progress in the right direction. 

The weekend was too short, as always- but it was a great weekend.  It felt good to visit with friends both Saturday night at the McClymond's and then Sunday with the Semke's.  Very excited that Bill & I were asked to be Godparents to Sweet Precious Baby Brooklyn.  Quite honored to be Godparents to two of their kids- WOW, pretty special!

Ah tomorrow will be here soon and I really want to be up and at yoga at 6am...have a walk planned with BFF Diane at 830am...trying to get my weight loss workouts in first thing! 

1 comment:

Jozielly Lucha said...

Hi Pam!!! I am proud of you! I know it's a struggle and it is hard when some have it so easy or when you go out and others can have what they want. I am there myself right now trying to lose the last pregnancy pounds but also trying to reshape my body, because even with the weight lost after a 3rd pregnancy you look deformed, LOL. I try to eat smart! You have to eat the fruits that you enjoy, so you can leave out the sirup and possibly eat 1/2 the lean cuisine Mac-n-cheese but eat it with a huge salad instead. That's how I do it and it seems to work. :-) Just an idea. Keep up the good work! It also may help you if you plan your meals a day ahead of time, so when you are hungry you don't start just putting whatever in your mouth...oh and....don't let yourself get too hungry, eat every few hours. xoxoxoxox