WOW- now that was FUN!!!
Today was just one of those days...nothing seemed to go right, I was stressed about several trips that weren't getting confirmed the way they should, got slammed with a group of 50-75 hotel rooms for NEXT Friday, which means I have to drop anything else I am working on - it's all good. By the end of the day, I was done and I got a very nice email from a client- very simple, "Pam, You're Awesome! Thanks!". That was exactly what I needed to get my mind in the right place!
Tonight was my first class at the Palo Alto JCC teaching the Wednesday 7pm Body Pump class, this is my new time slot- I can't wait to see my name on the schedule when the June one rolls out....finally, I am back in the Body Pump Saddle again, teaching the format that has always been my favorite & my first love in the fitness industry. Ever since 24 hour fitness got rid of Body Pump back in 2002/2003 (sometime around then)- I have just been a "sub" for this format. For a long time there was only one club in my area that had Body Pump, so I had to settle for subbing and eventually I was just "ok" with that. For a very long time I have felt like "always the bridesmaid and never the bride" when it comes to teaching Body Pump. Over the last two years, I have auditioned at numerous clubs, been put on the sub list at many of these clubs- but never offered a class of my own even though I made it very known that I would LOVE to have a class. Well, it finally happened- a timely email to the director at the PAJCC letting her know that "should something come available, I'd be interested"-- well low and behold, not even a week later and POOF- an opening and it was offered to me- I jumped on the chance in a heartbeat- I didn't care what day, what time- that was all irrelevant - to be able to teach Body Pump again and to share this wonderful program with others, that is all I've wanted in my fitness career for a very long time! Class went really well, there were 20 participants there, one of them I recognized from a class I subbed Monday morning and he was surprised that I remembered him and his name...I had several come up to me afterwards and thank me for a great class and said they'd see me next week.
I had one newbie who fortunately, I got to talk to him before class began outside of the GroupX room and explained everything about Body Pump that he needed to know.. I was even more thrilled that he placed himself front and center so that I could coach him discreetly during class since he was the only new one. So often new people will hide in the back of class. I just can't even begin to explain just how much fun it was to be up there and teach this class...it was exhilarating, it was fun, it was so cool..did I mention that it was fun? So just a fabulous class...it was awesome!
This week has been going pretty well on the WW front- I have used all my weekly points as of today and did dip into my activity points (only 3 of them) today- I still have 41 untouched activity points- so I am confident that I will have a weight loss this week at weigh in. Going to get a good night sleep tonight- starting the day off with a walk with Diane and hope to get in another workout at some point- I'm already at my 8 workouts for the week- so should end the week with 9-10 before Friday's weigh in. YAY me!

No comments:
Post a Comment