Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Today =  a little easier!

As I sit here and type this, I am at 29 points today- used all of them, but have not gone into the weekly points.  I would love a little snack right now, but I think I can do without.    Today was a good day.  Although I had planned on 6am Yoga, I knew when I went to bed at 1am that it was just a dream.  I slept in until 745am and met Diane for a walk at 830am- we did about 3 miles through the hills in just under an hour.

We start this walk with a pretty fierce hill and WOW my quads, glutes and anything else were screaming!  It's amazing how you can so quickly get out of shape for one activity after not doing it for awhile- but I was huffing and puffin up the hill while trying to walk & talk.   But we did it and right now I feel good- even though my quads and glutes are still screaming at me- it's a GREAT feeling!   I followed up that beautiful start of this day with a productive day at my desk, and then a few errands with my mom.

We got home from our errands in time to make dinner, Bill wanted a salad, mom wanted bratworst - so I decided to calculate the points on one of those things- well I was surprised to see 4 points; then I recalculated and realized that although there are 4 brats in a package, there are 8 servings in the package- so one of those darn things is actually 2 servings = 9 points.  Well, I had the points so I had one with 1 point of light mayo and 5 points of wine.   I felt much better tonight going into dinner with 15 points - nearly half my daily allowance- I didn't feel defeated, yet I seemed to be pretty satisfied all day.  I am starting to believe I can do this.

AND I am staying off my scale...trying to just let my weekly weigh in at WW on Friday mornings be the only time I consult with a scale.

Off to bed early tonight...subbing 545am spin at Crunch and then walking with Diane again at 830am. Tomorrow was supposed to be a Body Pump day, but Diane can't walk Thursday- so I swapped the workouts. 

No comments: