Thursday, May 26, 2011

HEARTBROKEN.....

Today the air got let out of my Body Pump Balloon.  I received a call from the person who is covering for the Director at the JCC (I think she is the boss of the Director/person who hired me) and the long and the short of it is I no longer have a Wednesday Body Pump class to teach.  POOF, here today, gone tomorrow basically.  

Judy was very nice and felt very awkward to have to have this conversation with me, someone she doesn't know.  She went onto say that it has nothing to do with me or how I taught last night, they didn't receive a single complaint about me or anything like that.  In fact, she said that if people didn't like "MY" class, she would have heard about it because the membership at this facility is very vocal.

The problem lies in the fact that months ago members lobbied and made their voices heard that they wanted Instructor X to have a Body Pump class on the schedule and supposedly this request was overwhelming and Management promised that when something becomes available, they would offer it to Instructor X.  Well, someone goofed and offered this class to me, when it should have been offered to Instructor X.   So the members were pissed that their promise had been broken, that their voices had not been heard or that their voices had been ignored when I showed up on the schedule.  They complained and they complained loudly to all the places that count:  General Manager, CEO, etc.   So there, BodyPump Class-less once again..back to being a 'bridesmaid'..and not the "Bride".

They did ask me to email them my schedule and availability and that she really wants to make something work on the schedule for me to be able to teach there, so I sent her the email with this information, tried to convey my HUGE passion for Body Pump- so now I wait and see.

So I am heartbroken, pissed off, deflated and have been in a serious rut all day long.  Can't believe I woke up feeling so good this morning, had a kick-ass walk in the hills, was feeling like I was going to attack the day and then had that conversation and have felt numb the rest of the day.   I still have a crapload of work to get done because I just have not been able to motivate or get focused on what I need to do-- been having a "pity party" as my friend BobbyJo would say....stuck in "stinkin' thinkin'" mode!   But at least I have not self-sabotaged myself with poor eating...although I did have lunch out with my mom today and had a juicy cheeseburger- YUM!  Only 5 points left today..so I will be dipping into weekly points once again, but only a few.  Sigh.

1 comment:

Bobby Jo said...

Hey Pammie, these crappy days just make our better days shine! You dealt with it great and didn't sabotage yourself! What is it about cheeseburgers--when I was diagnosed with cancer, that's the first thing I wanted!! And it's just POINTS!! You are making strides and it's hard when we have disappointments-hang in there girl, I think you've got it!!! xoxoxoxoxo