Friday, May 20, 2011

Three Weeks Under my Belt...TOTAL Weight Loss = 6 pounds even!

It really is amazing that if you listen to  your body it actually DOES talk to you!  The past two fridays, I woke up feeling skinnier, today- not so much.  I was pretty confident that I had lost some weight, but didn't expect a lot and on the scale and was happy to see .4 of a loss- not even 1/2 a pound- but that's ok.  I had a point filled weekend in Tahoe, Lunch out with mom on Monday, dinner at Chevy's with the girlfriends Tuesday and a business lunch on Thursday - .4 is fabulous, all things considered.

Even better is the average of 2 pounds per week- which I know is a healthy rate of losing weight.  I'm content.
But it really is amazing when you look at the facts- you can see how the points are relative to what the scale says.  Now I know there will come a week when the number on the scale doesn't add up to the points I've logged- that's just a mean body talking back at you for no reason.  For us women, it tends to be a hormonal backlash - but that's ok, I'm prepared for it, when it happens.

I am going to start a separate blog entry that I will update weekly - just to have a point/weight loss comparison that is visual because I think it's very interesting:

Week #1 - 1 weekly point unused, 32 Activity points unused  = 3.8 pounds lost
Week #2 - 0 weekly points unused, 22 Activity points unused = 1.8 pounds lost
Week #3 - 0 weekly points unused,  21 Activity points unused =  .4 pounds lost (note- I actually earned 44 activity points, so I used all daily, weekly and 23 activity points this week)

Ready for the weekend and hope to get a lot done.  Bill & I are going dancing tonight (mother's orders)- so lots of activity points to be earned, tomorrow I will hit the gym and hope to get in a walk on Sunday- but must also get some work done!   There is always something to get done!

No comments: