Monday, May 09, 2011

A Challenging weekend for me = mixed emotions!

So I knew this weekend was going to be a challenge and as I sit here tonight I have 4, yes ONLY 4 weekly points left to last through Thursday.  YIKES!!  I vowed to myself that I was not going to allow myself to use any activity points on this program and this will be the week to really be challenged to stick to that goal. 

Saturday's party was a lot of fun, great time with my best friends in the world- they are my second family.  I think we all have that "other family" in life and the Yelinek family is that for me.   I ate sensibly before going to the 1st Communion lunch/party, tried to fill up on as much zero point pineapple as possible and I drank a TON of water throughout the day.  I brought my own refillable bottle that holds 24 ounces and I stopped counting after 5 fill-ups.  The menu was friendly for the most part- party sandwiches, deli tray, etc.  My downfall- the cheesy jalapeno bread!  So I tried to stay away from it and whenever I did venture inside to where it was located, I took the smallest piece I could find - that worked well until the late hours of the night and Diane asked her hubby to make some more (this was at least 7 hours after the party had begun) and then I indulged, it was getting late, we were all hungry and it was do damn good!   However, I only had one glass of wine the entire day/night- so there is a bit of success there.   I did NOT get to the gym in the morning as planned though, I was tired and although the alarm clock was set- I just couldn't get up.  

It was a fun party though and my mom came with us and really did enjoy herself and getting out into a new scene with great people.  Even some of the Yelinek cousins who have never met my mom felt like they knew her from Facebook!  It warmed my heart to see her having a good time with everyone and she was thrilled to have shrimp cocktail (one of the appetizers) and Diane sent her home with the leftovers!  So at the end of the day, I had 15 weekly points left- figured I should be able to handle it.

So today was Mother's Day and my sister was having us over for lunch.  I had requested lunch instead of dinner so we could get home early and have some down time to watch the season finale of The Amazing Race.  I asked in advance what she was preparing and I knew there wasn't going to be a lot of food interesting to me.  I had a bit of chicken and a slice of tri-tip, some bread/butter and drank a ton of water!   Well, my sister seemed to be having hurt feelings that there wasn't much for me to eat- she thought I would like the corn/bean salad- but I saw that it had avocados and tomato chunks in it and appeared to be in an oily type of dressing mix-so I was not interested in trying it.  (no idea of the points involved).  I am not a fan of Potato Salad or Macaroni Salad (which she knows), but it was no big deal to me.  When dessert time came, she brought out home made brownies and lemon tartlets, a bowl of watermelon and served up vanilla ice-cream.  I declined the ice-cream, she was surprised to hear that I didn't like watermelon (which surprised me that she didn't already know this- I am the sister that doesn't eat fruits or vegetables)- it was no big deal to me. But it seemed to be a big deal to her that I wasn't going to eat dessert- so I caved and had one lemon tartlet and the smallest brownie I could find.   No idea on the points here- I'm sure bad and I logged them as bad..which is why I only have 4 weekly points left now.  I had brought my own 2 point bars with me, but I just felt that if I took them out it wasn't going to go over well and I was certainly going to be offending the hostess.  Bottom line, my mother enjoyed the lunch thoroughly and it was her day- so that is all that matters.  Once again today, I did not get in any activity.  I slept in and we sat around my sister's all day.  So I feel like a slug!

I am very happy to say that Bill is now joining me on this weight loss journey and signed up for Weight Watchers online.  It would be very hard for him to make a meeting consistently- so hopefully with my attendance at meetings I can pick up tips and things that might help him and he can dig deep into the online tools and perhaps find something of help to me.  He gets 40 daily points- which is annoying to me big time, guys lose weight so much easier than us gals- but then they get so many more points!   Anyway, it was a little entertaining for him to realize how many points were in so many of his favorite foods- like an avocado is 12 points and he would put an entire one in his salad at night, along with a few other "pointed" items!

So now into the last 4 days of Week #2, and I have some serious catching up to do- in the next 4 days I have to get in 8 workouts, stay within my 29 daily points and keep on track with losing weight...another challenging weekend ahead with the girl's weekend away in Tahoe!   Although, I think my gal pals will be very supportive!

No comments: