The next 8 days...
are going to be nuts and so much will be known by the end of this month. It's a bit scary on one hand but on the other hand it will be nice to just have some resolution on many things. My brother should know the outcome of his home sale by Friday and we are hoping that there are multiple interested parties that show up at the court Friday to bid and bid high. That outcome will determine what he is able to do for a "new life" - he has plans, he knows what has to happen - so it is really in God's hands at this point.
We will know which college Michael will attend in the fall. He & I travel to both Universities this week and will check them out and make an educated decision; although i think i have a pretty good idea that he will choose RIT. He did get notification on Friday that he was awarded the Buick Achievers Scholarship for $2000- so every bit helps! It's exciting to see him go off to college and I'm excited for his future and for his new path in life. So very proud of him and all he's achieved.
We will know a bit more on mom's prognosis and a better timeline for recovery. Since my last post we experienced yet one more setback. Friday morning she had a fever and she had been having some bowel issues- well they ran the tests and the C-diff was back AGAIN! She did have a very short does of anti-biotics earlier in the week and I had asked the nurse if she was also getting the Vancomiacin - which is the preventative antibiotic for c-diff and she said that it was not necessary. Grrrr! I felt so bad for my mom. To have to go through that horrible infection for a third time- just unbelievable. She was not well on Friday- so depressed, so achy and just not feeling well. I hate not being able to help and to fix things. Saturday she was a bit better- mostly tired. Today I was surprised to see her wheeling herself down the hallway in a wheelchair and she was in pretty good spirits and was happy to be up and out of bed some. The good news this weekend is that they took her off the Oxygen completely! Today after her wheeling around the hallway the Respiratory Therapist came by and checked her Saturation and she was at 98- which is amazing for her, so I feel really good about that. That is huge! I'm not sure how long they will keep her at Sequoia- with the c-diff I'm not sure if they can transfer her or if they have to wait; but the Jewish Home rehab facility in SF is waiting for her.
Life is exhausting overall and this weekend was very busy and tiring as well. Dancing Friday night was "ok"- my foot was giving me grief, so as a result I was not able to dance nearly as much as I would have liked. Had a great Body Pump class on Saturday and then the rest of the day was crazy- Brynn's play which was very cute and a quick visit to mom, then up to SF where Bill & I went by mom's house to pick up mail, then dinner & Kenny G in concert at Yoshi's, and then we ended up going dancing down on Fillmore @ Lombard. Old stomping groups from 1985! We had a pretty good time- it was nice to do something spontaneous. Today I had to visit mom and bring her the newspaper and then brunch with the RWC gal pals- which was a very fun afternoon, came home and started to relax on the couch but then got an invite from Diane to come up and chill by the pool and BBQ dinner, etc. We had a good time, but things still don't feel "right" in the world of this friendship and I can't really put my finger on it.
I do know that I am going to have a very busy short week and need to start it off rested, so I am going to get to bed EARLY for once!
No comments:
Post a Comment