Have you ever.....
found yourself in a situation that you really wish you weren't in? I know this happens to everyone at some point in life and probably more often than any of us would wish. I had an email blow up with my best friend earlier this week and we have not spoken since. I have been thinking this over and over again, been reading the emails back and forth repeatedly and then had two "aha" moments today.
I read one post on Facebook today from a LM Tribe member/acquaintance, "I understand the urge to want to "be right". But it also can be a very lonely place as you may isolate yourself in the process". HA!
I also had a great chat with my
friend Kristy who recently had an issue with a very close friend and in
discussing our friendship struggles she basically suggested to me that we probably need to have it out and
acknowledge that we were both hurt by what we said to each other and that an
apology won't change things, we just have to both get over it. We probably need
to apologize for hurting each other but at the same time we need to validate
each others feelings too without accusing each other of who is more
"wrong". Sometimes knowing someone like the back of your hand
can be a disadvantage at times. Things get taken for granted on both sides
of the coin.
Not that it's an excuse, but Kristy did point out that I am probably more vulnerable right now with all of the stress I've been under for the past couple of months with all that has been going on with my mom's situation and I have been exhausted. I have been on overload and that is the understatement of the year! But I also know that my best friend has also been over the top busy with lots of obligations in her life too.
We are having a "Mexican standoff" of sorts right now and I sort of laugh about the phrase because 1) she is part Mexican but more 2) that we are both being stubborn. I can admit it, I have been wanting her to call me if for no other reason to ask how my mom is doing without regard to our petty, stupid email exchange. Bottom line, it was petty, it is so stupid that we have not spoken since Monday because of this. I'm sure it's eating her up inside too (it better be)- LOL, but the bottom line- I love her, I miss her and I am sorry that we had a falling out. Going to do something about this. The friendship is too important to let this nonsense go on any longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment