Friday- Friday- Friday!! Yeah!
This has been a "trying week", between client drama on Monday and then restless sleeping for most of the week ~ until I discovered I was using hubby's pillow and not mine...I am really happy that Friday is here.
Disappointed that I did not get to Cross Fit a single day this week- but when you toss and turn every night, it's hard to be up doing a tough workout at 530am! I have taught spin 3 times this week and managed to get to Zumba once- but have to say I have not hit my target calorie burn but maybe 1 day this week! I just have to remember tomorrow is another day and this weekend is a very low-key weekend for us and I am in desperate need of it!
Got to talking to a gal at the gym yesterday and the subject of Facebook came up and she was talking about how she was apprehensive to get on Facebook, etc. I mentioned that I actually love Facebook- and for a variety of reasons. It has been a great source for marketing for my business PAMS PATH TO TRAVEL. I have reconnected with people I've known through school or work environments who either never knew that I was in travel or didn't know how to find me. So it has been a great success for new business. I also explained for someone like myself, who is very social ~ working from home, it gives me a social outlet during the day. It also gives me a support system when things are not going well and/or kudos when I have good news to share. I just really had not thought much about Facebook and the benefits that I get from it, other than the new business until now--but I really do count on facebook to keep me connected to people and "goings on" . I've also noticed that facebook has had an infectious effect on people and things that they do with their lives. I often times will post updates about my fitness endeavors and I can count on 1-2 hands now the number of people who have tried "Zumba" just because they have inquired after my posts about the class and I've encouraged them to give it a try. They all come back saying they are hooked! Facebook is really just an awesome venue to get people involved in different things in life! I was talking to my husband about Facebook and we are both connected to several "friends" who we see every weekend dancing at the Saddle Rack- they aren't our real "friends"- but mainly because there is never time to get to know these people- we see them once a week at a place where we dance all night- not talk and get to know other people...but because of Facebook, we feel that we are getting to know people better and that is making for more solid friendships in person! It's very cool!
Just felt like writing about it and getting my thoughts out there. Have a great weekend everyone ~ I know I plan to!
No comments:
Post a Comment