Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Cross Fit, Week 4, Day 2

Well today was very interesting when trying to get out of bed. I was so sore from yesterdays workout, it was unbelievable. Everything hurts! But I mustered up my courage and got myself out the door to the workout today! It was a "nicer" workout vs. yesterday's "murph" ~ thank God!

So Stretch, Run 400m, then some more warm up exercises on the shoulders and then some sit ups.

The WOD today consisted of 5 circuits, 7 repetitions each
Pull Ups
Squat Thrusts (this is the squat and come up with overhead press)
Burpees (yes, they returned today...we have not had burpees since Day 1 of Week 1)

I completed this circuit in 10:05

The first set of Pull Ups were tough- mainly due to having done so many yesterday- but I managed to push through!
Burpees- well I'll always hate them, but because of everything else we've been doing, I felt stronger doing them. I'm sure I still look pretty lame...but it's progress. Rome wasn't built in a day!

We finished up the day with our ab workout- which today was a bit of everything. We worked with medicine balls and a partner. First was the medicine ball toss back and forth to each other...then we did the same thing with a much heavier medicine ball (ouch)...we then did sit ups facing each other with a medicine ball toss on the way up from the sit up...and then obliques by standing back to back and rotating our torsos to handoff the medicine balls to each other...

...a good workout today- not sure if I'll be sore from it, at this point I think I'll be sore from yesterday's workout all week long- so heck, what's a little bit more!!

I am scared- tomorrow's workout is a 5K run....I have not ran 3 miles consecutively since I did my sprint triathlons 6 years ago...yes I did run 2 miles yesterday- 1 at a time....but I'll do my best, come what may!

No comments: