Cross Fit, Week 5, Day 1
Ok, so I'm back and hopefully for the full week. Hoping that life stuff doesn't get in the way of taking care of ME!
Today was week 2 of "Murph Month"...and each Monday is "Murph Monday"--so we did the Murph workout.
The warm up consisted of using the roller and then you had the choice to do the jumping jack variations that we did last week or the rowing machine for 500m - I chose to do the rowing machine. Followed by 10 dips, 10 kettle ball swings and 10 ball slam squats. After that we started the Murph workout with the intent of doing 1/2 of the repetitions
The Full "Murph" is:
1 mile run
100 pull ups
200 push ups
300 squats
1 mile run
I went out for the first run, but knew that I might not be able to do it. Last monday I felt something in my left leg along my shin and suspect that a shin splint might be brewing- it is still aggravated, so after running 1/4 mile, I went back inside and then rowed 3/4 miles on the machine. Did my 50 pull ups, 100 pushups and 150 squats. Kept it simple- did 5 rounds of 10/20/30, then finished off with 1600 meters on the rowing machine.
Then as a group we did some abdominal work, flutter kicks, scissior kicks, sit ups , leg raises and then stretching.
I know that we were timed on the 1/2 Murph- but forgot to ask what my time was...I think I completed it in 25 minutes (roughly)- just based on what I remember the time on the clock to be.
Felt good to be back in the groove...so I am really trying to stay focused this week..really the next 4 weeks because then I have vacation and I am hoping to get a list of the workouts while we are gone and get my workout in everyday!! Bill doesn't know it, but he's going to have to do them with me!
Today was week 2 of "Murph Month"...and each Monday is "Murph Monday"--so we did the Murph workout.
The warm up consisted of using the roller and then you had the choice to do the jumping jack variations that we did last week or the rowing machine for 500m - I chose to do the rowing machine. Followed by 10 dips, 10 kettle ball swings and 10 ball slam squats. After that we started the Murph workout with the intent of doing 1/2 of the repetitions
The Full "Murph" is:
1 mile run
100 pull ups
200 push ups
300 squats
1 mile run
I went out for the first run, but knew that I might not be able to do it. Last monday I felt something in my left leg along my shin and suspect that a shin splint might be brewing- it is still aggravated, so after running 1/4 mile, I went back inside and then rowed 3/4 miles on the machine. Did my 50 pull ups, 100 pushups and 150 squats. Kept it simple- did 5 rounds of 10/20/30, then finished off with 1600 meters on the rowing machine.
Then as a group we did some abdominal work, flutter kicks, scissior kicks, sit ups , leg raises and then stretching.
I know that we were timed on the 1/2 Murph- but forgot to ask what my time was...I think I completed it in 25 minutes (roughly)- just based on what I remember the time on the clock to be.
Felt good to be back in the groove...so I am really trying to stay focused this week..really the next 4 weeks because then I have vacation and I am hoping to get a list of the workouts while we are gone and get my workout in everyday!! Bill doesn't know it, but he's going to have to do them with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment