Cross Fit Journey - Day 3
First, I will start off by saying that what you do the night before most certainly has an impact on how the workout feels and how you feel. I didn't go to bed until 11:15pm last night (had to see the Biggest Loser finale)- so I did not have the amount of sleep my body requires for recovery after these workouts. Live and learn and it really was no surprise. The kitty really tried to meow me out of going this morning as he curled up on my pillow at 445am! He was cozy, I actually felt him jump when the alarm went off- it startled him.
Anyway, onto the workout - the good news today is that we were only doing everything ONCE!
I'm going to try to be creative for a name on this one, but being tired- I'm not sure- "Just Once" workout.
Of course we started with the pre-workout stretch and then the warm up with that 400m run, then walking lunges, 10 overhead, 10 shoulder dis, 10 push ups, 10 sit ups and 10 back extensions.
Now onto the workout:
We did each thing "just once" as the name implies:
50 squats
20 medicine ball slams (called dumbbell slams- but we used medicine balls)- this is where you squat and slam the ball on the floor and catch it really quick while keep your torso upright.
25 sit ups
400m run (again!)
30 Dumbbell overhead presses
50 rotations of jump rope
30 Dead Lift
500m Row
My time on this workout today: 12:44
Then we finished off with doing ab/core work and stretch.
I will say that the workouts seem to go very quickly and the trainers (Jeff and Robert) really keep you focused, watch that you're doing everything correctly and offer support while you're doing everything.
3 days in and I am loving it! Now to get my day going- I have a little relaxation coming with my manicure and pedicure at 10am! And as much as I'm sore, I am going to get my butt to Zumba at 430pm! I need to break in my new shoes before my certification class this Sunday!
First, I will start off by saying that what you do the night before most certainly has an impact on how the workout feels and how you feel. I didn't go to bed until 11:15pm last night (had to see the Biggest Loser finale)- so I did not have the amount of sleep my body requires for recovery after these workouts. Live and learn and it really was no surprise. The kitty really tried to meow me out of going this morning as he curled up on my pillow at 445am! He was cozy, I actually felt him jump when the alarm went off- it startled him.
Anyway, onto the workout - the good news today is that we were only doing everything ONCE!
I'm going to try to be creative for a name on this one, but being tired- I'm not sure- "Just Once" workout.
Of course we started with the pre-workout stretch and then the warm up with that 400m run, then walking lunges, 10 overhead, 10 shoulder dis, 10 push ups, 10 sit ups and 10 back extensions.
Now onto the workout:
We did each thing "just once" as the name implies:
50 squats
20 medicine ball slams (called dumbbell slams- but we used medicine balls)- this is where you squat and slam the ball on the floor and catch it really quick while keep your torso upright.
25 sit ups
400m run (again!)
30 Dumbbell overhead presses
50 rotations of jump rope
30 Dead Lift
500m Row
My time on this workout today: 12:44
Then we finished off with doing ab/core work and stretch.
I will say that the workouts seem to go very quickly and the trainers (Jeff and Robert) really keep you focused, watch that you're doing everything correctly and offer support while you're doing everything.
3 days in and I am loving it! Now to get my day going- I have a little relaxation coming with my manicure and pedicure at 10am! And as much as I'm sore, I am going to get my butt to Zumba at 430pm! I need to break in my new shoes before my certification class this Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment