Cross Fit Journey "Day 2"
So sad to report, but not all workouts have a "cool" name like yesterday's "Hanson workout"- so guess I'm going to have to be inventive - let's call this one "PushNPull" (you'll see why).
Today was my first weigh-in and body fat testing along with pictures to document this experience-sad to say that as "in shape" that I am for keeping active, I register at 41% body fat! (welcome to the norm for American population) My goal (still) is to lose about 30 pounds and I'll get there, when I get there- but this year!!
So onto the workout:
Stretching upon arrival, then that lovely 400m run - which was much easier today, getting a longer night rest definitely helped with that.
We went over what the circuit was going to involve for today:
3 circuits with varying reps - decreasing each time. Decreasing reps is a GOOD thing!
1. Rowing machine: 20 calories, 15 calories, 10 calories (for those that don't know Rowing machines register your workout by a variety of ways, but since we are timed on our workout, we are given a goal in this case of calories burned)
2. Squat thrust/presses: Dumbbells in hand resting just above your shoulders- squat and then on the way up trust/press the dumbbells into an overhead press. 15 reps/10reps/5 reps
3. Pushups: no-brainer here. 20 reps/15 reps/10 reps
4. Pullups: again- no brainer. 15 reps/ 10 reps/ 5 reps
My time on this circuit workout: 13:50
Then we finished off with ab work: scissor kicks, another kicking exercise (can't remember the name of it- but basically kicking straight legged up and down with abs right) and then kettle ball situps. We did 10 reps of each of these.
Final stretch and DONE!
So far so good, I felt much better today- it was a tough workout, but I didn't feel as lame as I did yesterday with those damn burpees! Funny side note: last night my husband said "so what are burpees anyway- you gotta show me" So I said, "ok, I'll show you and I'm only showing you one time, so pay attention"- then after I showed him, I said "now give me 10" and he did 5 and said "ok, point taken, that's enough" - LOL I told him, "I DID 50 OF THESE TODAY"- so as sucky as I might have been on burpees, hubby would have probably sucked more! :) But I still love him to death!
Today was my first weigh-in and body fat testing along with pictures to document this experience-sad to say that as "in shape" that I am for keeping active, I register at 41% body fat! (welcome to the norm for American population) My goal (still) is to lose about 30 pounds and I'll get there, when I get there- but this year!!
So onto the workout:
Stretching upon arrival, then that lovely 400m run - which was much easier today, getting a longer night rest definitely helped with that.
We went over what the circuit was going to involve for today:
3 circuits with varying reps - decreasing each time. Decreasing reps is a GOOD thing!
1. Rowing machine: 20 calories, 15 calories, 10 calories (for those that don't know Rowing machines register your workout by a variety of ways, but since we are timed on our workout, we are given a goal in this case of calories burned)
2. Squat thrust/presses: Dumbbells in hand resting just above your shoulders- squat and then on the way up trust/press the dumbbells into an overhead press. 15 reps/10reps/5 reps
3. Pushups: no-brainer here. 20 reps/15 reps/10 reps
4. Pullups: again- no brainer. 15 reps/ 10 reps/ 5 reps
My time on this circuit workout: 13:50
Then we finished off with ab work: scissor kicks, another kicking exercise (can't remember the name of it- but basically kicking straight legged up and down with abs right) and then kettle ball situps. We did 10 reps of each of these.
Final stretch and DONE!
So far so good, I felt much better today- it was a tough workout, but I didn't feel as lame as I did yesterday with those damn burpees! Funny side note: last night my husband said "so what are burpees anyway- you gotta show me" So I said, "ok, I'll show you and I'm only showing you one time, so pay attention"- then after I showed him, I said "now give me 10" and he did 5 and said "ok, point taken, that's enough" - LOL I told him, "I DID 50 OF THESE TODAY"- so as sucky as I might have been on burpees, hubby would have probably sucked more! :) But I still love him to death!
No comments:
Post a Comment