Friday, August 10, 2012

Exhausted- how is this possible?

Back from vacation...a vacation where I slept a good 8+ hours every day!   It was a restful vacation, we really didn't do anything but lounge around for 7 days.  Well, scratch that- we did hotel tours for one full day.  But other than that, we were vegetables.   I tried to read a book, got all of 40 pages accomplished- just was not feeling it.  I brought two Body Pump mixes with me to review choreography and never took it out of my bag.    I did do some work though- I checked emails everyday 1-2 times and had  a few trips that I had to work on, but it was all good.    But it really was a resting vacation, all the way up until the last hour.  I was floating in the pool until an hour before our ride was picking us up.

It could not have been planned any better, our friends had their villa so once we checked out, we simply transferred our stuff and selves to their place to hang out for a few hours until our ride picked us up.  It was perfect, no rushing, no wondering how to kill time.  We got to enjoy friends who are more like family and the warm sunshine for just a few more hours.

This was a very nice vacation (except for the mosquito bites), but really a great time with the best of friends.  I did have a chance on the last day to tell my BFF that I did not appreciate her candidness about my dress while on vacation.  She tried to defend herself that she is honest and bold and that she will tell it like it is, but I reminded her that it's vacation, a time when nobody wants to hear that "stuff".  Her mom chimed in and called her a meanie too.   I made my point.  I'm all for honesty and my friends being able to be truthful with me, but there is a time and place and vacation is not one of them. 

I had decent sleep last night and a fairly busy day today and really should not be tired, but I have so much more to get done and a pile of work staring at me that I have absolutely no motivation to attack.  My brain is still on vacation mode and not wanting to return to reality.  I guess coming back to two work days before the weekend is partially to blame for this.   I'd like to think I have the weekend to catch up, but I don't.  We'll be spending 10 hours on the road, roundtrip for my niece, Sammi's wedding.  I can't believe I have a niece getting married already- but she is and I'm looking forward to it, except not looking forward to the 107 temps expected on wedding day! 

I feel weird that I have not worked out for so long..I am missing the activity, but also enjoying the down time too.  Tonight Matt who agreed to sub for me later this month when I move Michael to college posted "sub needed" because now he has his own Tuesday night class and I almost replied that I could sub- WTH?  I almost jumped at the chance to sub a class and then realized it was mine and I couldn't!  LOL   I am looking forward to Monday to get back in the Body Pump saddle and then have to plan my workouts.  I did some swimming yesterday in the plunge pool and it felt wonderful- just had to get into my breathing groove and it was on!   I think I'm going to make a concerted effort to make it to the pool 3 times a week and get my cardio on that way while my foot still heals. 

Off to bed I go,  TGIF, but I must make it a productive one! 

No comments: