Thursday, August 16, 2012

19 Years Old!

Today, my nephew Michael turns 19!   This got me to thinking of the next few years and all the monumental "digit flipping" that will be going on.   First of all, this is his last year as a teenager...next year 20- yikes!   Time seems to have this way of just flying by and it's getting worse every year- quicker and quicker.   This year we have two "50's" to celebrate- my in-laws will be celebrating 50 years of marriage in October and my friend Pam turns 50 also in October- she starts the roll.  Another 50th birthday in December for Bruce and then next year his wife Linda turns 40!  Also, for next year- my sister's 60th,  best friend's hubby Mike turns 50,  I have a 30th High School reunion...and then 2014 Bill turns 50 and Michael turns 21!   These celebrations will all be here before we know it.  It's sort of scary.

I'm still a little unsettled though that I have a 19 year old nephew- all of the pictures of the cute little boy, they seem like just yesterday.   Crazy but blessed that I've been able to be a part of his life and watch him grow up.  He's an amazing young man and he's going to be very successful with whatever he chooses to do with his life.



No comments: