Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yes, it has been storming!!!

I could not have named my previous blog any more accurately.   I had one quiet day this week and the rest has been completely off the hook!   I knew that my upcoming Vegas group was going to be a pretty quick forming thing that would need a lot of immediate, intense attention  - so that has been my life the past couple of days!    I try to keep my eye on the prize and know that all of my hard work does pay off! I stayed up until 1am last night working on this group, got up at 5am to teach 6am spin and have been going, going, going, going all day long!  I am exhausted right now and plan to head up to bed after I post this entry!

I realized early on today that I was going to need a full day at my desk tomorrow, so I sent out the request for a sub for my spin class tomorrow.  Fortunately, Blair is able to teach for me  so I will be able to get a good night sleep and then get the group air manifests together in time for the 2pm deadline. There is no way I would have gotten that done if I was out of the office all morning.  I am bummed that I had a sub for my Body Pump class tonight, but I had a business meeting to attend and actually in hindsight- I would have not been in any good, physical shape to teach tonight.

I missed a call tonight from my nephew, then he texted and asked if we could talk later as he had something he wanted me to go over.  Well, finally- it was his college process stuff.  There is a survey that they have to complete for their counselors to request recommendations.  He wanted me to "proof" the survey before submitting it.  I was touched and also moved by some of his responses:

One of the biggest personal circumstances that has effected my educational experience in a positive and negative way was my parents divorce. The divorce itself was not the real problem, but rather the ripple effect. It made it where the only one raising me was my dad. At the same time as raising me and my brother he was also running his own business. This made it where I had to become much more independent because he did not have a lot of time to spend helping me while trying to keep his company afloat, keep the house from being foreclosed on, managing a bankruptcy, and fighting a lawsuit. It seemed that everything had come at our family at once. One positive thing that has come out of all these events is that I have become stronger and more independent and learned how to stay calm in difficult situations. Though there are many negative situations that I am surrounded by, the many things that can be learned from them are far more positive and important.
Wow- that's all I can say, what a resilient, young man he has turned into.  It makes me sad that he has had to grow up so early in life and deal with such "adult" issues at such a young age.  That is something that I would never have hoped for my family  - but he certainly has a stellar attitude about it all.  Very proud of him and really wish so much for him, he has such a bright future ahead of him as long as the black cloud that has followed his father for so long can dissipate!

So, WW has been pissing me off this week.  Monday the website went down- could not log in, then finally on my phone I was able to log my food, but the daily point allowance was all wrong- well that just plays such a psychological game with me.  I contacted them several times, get the generic responses, etc.  Today I finally got someone on the phone and they said they need to run an update to the system and they 'hoped' it would be done by Sunday.   Fun - NOT!   I am doing pretty well, been incredibly hungry and things are all starting to make sense....I FINALLY got my period!  It's only been 60 days since the last one - and really I am not complaining, would be happy to be done with that phase in my life- but I hate not knowing!   I was also very edgy earlier this week...so again it all makes sense!  I am hoping for a weight loss tomorrow, we will see.  My new bikinis arrived in the mail yesterday and I am excited to have some new ones for our next vacation- YAY!  

Well, looking forward to the  weekend...dancing tomorrow of course, subbing Body Pump Saturday for Kristy and then Saturday night the party bus to shoreline with a great group of people to see the Journey/Foreigner/Night Ranger concert.  BFF Janet and her BF Scott are going to crash at our place that night, we plan to cook breakfast and watch the 49er game.  My nephew wants to come over Sunday afternoon to go over more college application stuff- excited that he is starting to take interest in all of this- felt like pulling teeth there for awhile.   We have massages Sunday afternoon, which will be great- but I am a bit bummed that I won't be doing the Nike 1/2 Marathon on Sunday- I picked up my race packet today and passed it onto the gal who paid to "take my place" - darn foot!  It's going to be a beautiful day too- weather is amazing right now!

Ok- so off to bed I go- NOW!

No comments: