AWESOME Weekend...and Future Goals...
AWESOME! Yes, one word to describe this weekend! Had a super time dancing Friday night, we actually got an early start and met friend Cathy from High School at PF Chang's for dinner. We had a wonderful visit - she used to live in So. California and recently moved up to Chico but her employer is located in Scotts Valley. It was really nice to catch up and start the weekend earlier than normal for a Friday night! Dancing was a lot of fun, got to spend some time with BFF Tiina, danced all our favorite dances and stayed relatively late for us on a Friday- almost 1am. Had a great night sleep and felt refreshed Saturday morning.
I subbed Body Pump at PAC for Kristy on Saturday and it was a great class, my legs were tired after all the dancing the night before but it's amazing on what an energetic class can do to you - all of a sudden it's like "what legs"? :) I had a great compliment after class. I always talk up push-ups when we get to the shoulder track in all BP classes that I teach. Partly because I used to be a wimpy push-up person and in reality, I was just plain lazy when it came to push-ups. I had plenty of excuses over the years (in my head) and didn't really think much about it when I was not teaching regularly. However, ever since I have started teaching regularly and have my own classes, I bumped it up a notch and have been doing all my push-ups on my toes since August. I even pick out tracks that have a lot of push-ups in them. So I tend to challenge the class and explain to them that I was once lazy about my push-ups when I was not teaching for awhile and that there is no harm in trying a few on your toes- whatever you are able to accomplish today is more than you did last time- it's forward progress. Well, this one member came up to me afterwards and thanked me for the push. He explained that for whatever reason he's been doing push-ups on his knees forever and that day in class he answered my challenge and did 16 of the 24 singles on his toes. He said he might have been able to do more, but decided to finish up on his knees. I was so excited to get that sort of positive feedback and gave him a huge High Five, called him a Rock Star for doing it and thanked him for letting me know. It really makes teaching so worth it all! That is why we do this, why we bring fun, hard working classes to our participants - to get this sort of feedback and see that they "get it"! Very AWESOME!
After a few errands on the way home, it was time to get ready for a fun-filled AWESOME Saturday night! Party Bus with 20 people from Redwood City to Shoreline for the Journey, Foreigner, Night Ranger concert- what a blast that was!! Such a fun group of people, great show, all three groups were fabulous. Great music, great memories! The weather was phenomenal - never put on my jacket, just amazing! Party bus got us back to Redwood City around 1145pm, enjoyed a midnight snack and some conversation with Janet & Scott before heading to bed. They stayed at "Horst Hotel" for the night.
We got up today and made a grubbin' breakfast along with Mimosas, watched the 49ers kick butt over Detroit, caught up on our Friday night programs and then had our couples massages! I've been meaning to get some work done today- really have wanted to, but I keep staring at my pile of paperwork. Maybe I'll get in an hour of work before hitting the sack tonight.
I weighed in and have lost another 1.2 for a total of 26.2 thus far. YAY- some more progress. Now I'm sure this weekend put a hurt on me. PF Chang's is far from friendly on the point grid and of course a drinking/eating night like the concert...ugh! Oh well, I am living my life and losing weight- I have to realize that this is nothing like my first journey with WW when I was married to Ron. He & I had no social life, so all I did was workout and never drank. Life is much different this time around and I'm happy! I am out of all weekly points right now and have dipped into my activity points, so I need to step it up the next couple of days. We head to Arizona on Thursday to visit Bill's family. A weekend full of challenges...but the good thing is that my mother-in-law and sister-in-law are also doing Weight Watchers, so I think that will help with regard to cooking more point friendly things. We'll stop at the store on the way and stock up on things like my yogurt, eggs to boil, etc. I have checked out a gym about 30 minutes away that offers Body Pump & Body Flow and am hoping to get there on Friday. Now normally I sleep in on "vacations", but Bill's family has roosters...so I tend to wake up early when we visit- LOL. I will say that I put on my Size 8 Christine Alexander jeans for the concert and they looked good! It's very exciting to be able to pull out so many options from my closet right now!
I have been thinking about my next goals for weight loss and fitness. I would like to lose 5 pounds by the next vacation (not Arizona)- but we go away in November for a week. This gives me about 4 weeks to lose 5 pounds- might be a tiny bit ambitious, but going to shoot for it. Then another 5 pounds by New Years. That is 6 weeks to lose 5 pounds with all the holidays, my birthday and vacation to deal with. In any case, 10 pounds by the end of the year from this point forward. I have been in touch with the local YMCA's and I was actually hired by one of them over a year ago and have never been contacted to teach, which is not uncommon when you're the unknown sub on the list. But I have been connected with the directors for the other Y's in the same network that are closer to me and that through that, I can get sponsored through them to take the next RPM training that comes to the area. I'd like to take my cycle class experience up a notch and I think it would be great to teach both RPM and Spinning. Since both are copy write formats, I would only be able to teach RPM in a licensed facility like the Y. So I'm excited to start pursuing this.
I'm thinking this week is going to be a little crazy busy with work, especially since I really only have 3 days to work. We go dancing on Wednesday nights and Bill is already talking about how we can stay later this week since he doesn't go to work Thursday. This means I really need to get all of my work done Wednesday so that I'm not scrambling Thursday to finish work, pack and get to the airport. I will undoubtedly be doing some work while away, at least checking emails from my phone and if there is something urgent I will pop open the laptop and take care of it. It's supposed to be in the high 70's, low 80's so hoping to get some sunshine by the pool!
So Monday is upon us once again- but I look back and am thankful for an AWESOME weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment