Calm before the Storm...
I had a super crazy busy weekend. We had a fun time dancing Friday night, went to dinner beforehand and Tiina met us there, so it was nice to have some chat time before dancing since we never get to talk once we start dancing the night away! We danced a good 3 hours, my feet felt pretty good- I used my normal inserts since my orthotics don't fit in my dance boots- it seemed to be ok. I am thinking that my problems are starting to heal themselves.
I taught two doses of Body Pump Saturday morning, Gold's & then Pacific Athletic Club ~ both went really well, great energy, fun classes and I am loving the new release. It's a tough workout and a helluva lot of fun to teach. I came home, made my corn dip for Brynn's birthday party and then relaxed on the couch for a few hours before it was time to get ready. Was nice to have a little bit of down time. We then got up to Diane & Mike's around 5pm to help get things ready for the party. 7 little girls for a "rock star" slumber party. Fun times! Of course, older cousin Morgan took care of the girls, so then the adults were able to relax fireside. We had such a nice time with Diane, Mike, Janet & Scott. We didn't go home until 130am...and nobody fell asleep outside! So happy for Janet and her new-found love with Scott, they are so well matched and he is such a nice guy. I have not seen her this happy in such a long time. It is very heart-warming to see. They are like two teenagers and excitedly talking about their future plans together!
Sunday came way too quickly and neither of us were full of energy, but we had to get up and out for the bus to the 49er game and WOW- what a game!! The Niner's killed Tampa Bay 48-3. It was like watching the Niners of old and very exciting to see that we are 4-1 for the season thus far. We may very well see a post-season this year, which will be a first in a long time! It was a beautiful day at the Stick, they have made some stadium improvements that were noticeable and was overall a very nice day. The perfect end to a great weekend!
Monday came way too quickly...but started out right- on a spin bike at 6am subbing at the Palo Alto JCC. Great group of people, I've been subbing the last 4 classes for Darlene while she is on her European Adventure and her class makes it very clear that when she can't teach, they want me to sub. They are always super friendly and welcoming. Then a nice 3 mile walk with Diane and off to work on Travel all day. I made some progress on work things and fear that tomorrow is going to be off the hook crazy. Working on a new group of 200+ people to Vegas in 3 weeks, so it's going to be nuts for the next week or so most likely. I will be needing my laptop when we go to Arizona I think, but that's ok, I can do what is needed.
I was happy to see on Friday for my weigh in that the scale tipped back down into the 160's, making the downward progress that I worked very hard towards last week. 169 on weigh in day. Of course after dancing Friday night, it was 168 Saturday morning--but that would be cheating...LOL Hoping the weekend has not damaged this progress...so I am staying off the scale for a couple of days. Today I have been in a panic because the WW website has been down and the mobile app is doing weird stuff so my point tally is all off - it's amazing how much I rely upon that logging. I hope the site is back up tomorrow so I can get that on track. My new bikini's arrive this week and I can't wait to try them on and hope they look decent...the countdown begins for the next vacation! Bill took a picture of me at the 49er game and I keep looking at it because I actually look pretty good- you can see my waistline curve and things look smooth (no love handles). I also was able to put on a brand new pair of black jeans that I probably bought 2 years ago that never fit ...felt great to put them on Sunday!
I am starting to think about broadening my fitness horizons. I am having so much fun teaching classes again, now that I've been teaching so much lately and I want more. I love sharing fitness with others, getting them excited to exercise and sharing quality programs that help people meet their goals. There is no doubt the the Les Mills programs are the best out there, but they are not everywhere which is a problem. I see that the Page Mill YMCA has RPM, which is the LM cycle program and I am thinking I would like to take that training to enhance my existing Spinning certification. I would love to take on more formats, but I think one at a time is enough at the moment. So something to think about there. I also want to sign up for the Advance Instructor Training Module. They just had a workshop this past weekend and a colleague attended- in fact, she had asked me a month ago if I was going to attend, but I was already scheduled to teach that day. There is another one in November, but I will be out of town for that one too. So no idea when they will have another, although I'm guessing it won't be until January- which with the holidays so close is probably a good thing. Funny thing is that tonight Kristy blogged about trying to sign up for AIM 1 in November but had website problems, not sure if the training is full or if it was a computer glitch. Sort of hoping that it's full so that she & I can take it together next time around - it would be fun to take it with someone I know. The other fitness thought that I've had is to renew my certification for PiYo. I did check on the site to find out what needs to be done- I can re-cert with a home study program and/or take an in person workshop for reduced cost. So that is on the agenda to look into as well.
So a lot to be thinking of and yet not a lot of time...I must be crazy to want to add more onto my plate. Balance is something I keep saying I need to find, yet I get further and further away from it. Sigh. I sent out the Holiday party invites tonight- exactly 2 months until the date. I bought 2 more Christmas gifts today also, but still have so much more to get! Ugh! I am definitely feeling the stress of the season, but much of that is the stress that I place upon myself to be done by 12/1 with all shopping, cards, wrapping & decorating. And did I mention that I have one free weekend between now and the end of the year - November 5th & 6th. Note to self: DO NOT schedule anything that weekend!
Ok- time to de-stress and get my butt to bed..fortunately, not a super early morning and it is raining now, guess if it's still raining in the morning there might not be a walk...time to think about Plan B for the cardio workout.


No comments:
Post a Comment