Halloween already?
Well, it is officially Halloween- not that this holiday really means anything to me, we don't get into dressing up or going to costume parties, but it does signify that there are only two months left in the year and that the Christmas Holiday is going to be quickly approaching. I am so far behind in my organization for the holidays this year and have been a bit in a panic about it. I feel a bit better right now as I have knocked off about 12 gifts from my list. Still have about 11 more to work on and some of these people are tough to buy for this year- just have no ideas whatsoever. Then there are friends like Diane & Janet who I can keep buying and buying for- they are so easy, guess that is why they are the BFF's!
We got home Monday evening and I did do a little bit of work and then relaxed with Bill before the rest of the work week really kicked in. I ended up staying up late two nights this week "tweaking" on my photo books! I can say that I have finished and ordered 3 books for 2010, one book on Spaz and the other two span January-October. I have started the final 2010 edition with November-December and hope to get that one finished this week. I did find that it's something I can work on while watching TV in the evenings. I always have the laptop with me while on the couch with the illusion of "doing work"- who am I kidding, the pile of work sits next to me and I hardly ever touch it- so I am going to really make an effort of not bring work down to the couch with me for the next two months, maybe that will start a new habit and I won't work on the couch anymore. I am excited to see these photobooks when they come, maybe in a week or so they should be here. My procrastination is going to cost me because now that I'm getting them done, I want to order them right away instead of waiting for a super duper sale! Well, I did get 30% off and free shipping and did use my $75 in gift cards that I had. Oh- gift card..I am waiting for a $250 visa gift card from Pleasant Holidays- maybe I'll use that for the next round of photo books!
I have also been extremely busy this week with my group that departs this coming weekend. Lots of changes, additions- the kind of hectic week that makes me scared that something is going to slip through the cracks. The type of week that you wake up in the middle of the night and think "crap, did I do that?" I was actually pretty proud of myself for attempting to reach out for help. I sent an email to several Redeemer mom's that I know who have teenage daughters to see if any of them wanted to earn some extra cash. Although there was interest, the timing didn't work out right and it then seemed it would be best for Bill & I to work on the document project together and I'm glad we did. Once we got down our system, it went smoothly and although it was about a 7 hour project, we got it done.
Fitness has been a tough thing to fit in this week since being back. I did teach my two Body Pump classes and they were both great- had large classes (large for these gyms) and they were happy to have me back since I had subs last week. I also taught my spin class and went for one walk with Diane this week- we both had some scheduling issues and we were both exceedingly tired on differing days. We did not go dancing this week at all. Wednesday I had a birthday dinner for a friend and Friday both Bill & I were tired. We had a super busy weekend with a 50th birthday party Saturday and then the 49er game and So You Think You Can Dance LIVE tour in San Jose- I should be fast asleep right now, but no I'm up tweaking here on the computer. Off to bed after I finish this- promise!
This week should be a mixture of crazy and not so crazy. Hoping more of the "not so crazy" variety. Monday & Tuesday should be off the hook with final group details and document delivery. We are planning on going Trick or Treating with the Godkids tomorrow night, since Halloween is a Monday, it's more conducive to our schedule so looking forward to seeing them. I am going to try to get in 3 walks this week with Diane. I am not teaching spin on Friday- since my 200 passengers depart on varying flights Friday, it's best that I am "on call" just in case someone misses their flight- which is a real possibility. Planning on going dancing Wednesday & Friday and not have a super busy weekend ahead- although lots of holiday preparations to make. I need to get my database cleaned up and ready for client holiday card sending and I need to update my website and take care of back office stuff. Bill has a pedicure and I have a facial lined up for Saturday and my brother just invited us to see South Pacific at WHS Saturday night- seems my nephew is a stage hand and is dressed up like a sailor man- which would probably be worth the cost of admission to see.
Trying to also figure out what to do for my birthday- part of me would like to do something fun, but it sucks having a holiday weekend birthday...so who knows, plans may just not happen. If I don't plan something this week and get it set up, I know it won't happen and maybe I'm ok with that...I could probably use the extra time over the weekend to get the house ready for the holidays! Ugh...craziness!
No comments:
Post a Comment