Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Today was a Good Day!

I woke up rested. I might have gone to bed at 1230am..but I did not have my alarm set until 750am..other than the obligatory trip to the potty room around 5am..I slept and I slept very well!  I woke up sore--was it yoga from yesterday or was it the new orthotics- guess I'll never know that answer for sure.  Met Diane and Pam T. for our 3 mile walk- I changed out the orthotics into my second pair of walking shoes and did much better today, was not in the same pain that I had yesterday.  I actually kept the shoes on all day long.  They say to wear them 1-2 hours the first day and then add an hour each day until you can wear them for a full day.  The counted hours do not include standing or sitting..so figured I was safe since I am at my desk during the day.  I taught Body Pump in them tonight and did not experience any issues during lunges- which was the tough track with foot pain that I've been working through for the last month.  Me thinks these inserts may actually be good.



I am even more sore tonight, which I think I can thank Body Pump 79 for that!  I taught my first class with the new release tonight and it doesn't matter how much I know the new release, butterflies seem to always knock me off kilter someplace during class.  Nothing noticeable to the class, but noticeable to me, but I guess if we were all perfect, it would be a pretty boring world.  I had a nice chat with one of the participants after class and she was saying how hard the release was and that she was so happy to see such a challenging release.  Her name is Angela and she has been at every class that I've taught at Gold's- she's a ROCK STAR!   I thought it was super nice that she helped me put away my equipment at the end of class also-- that is something that I have always done for my instructors when I've been a participant - even now when taking classes from my friends, I help them clean up.

I received two compliments today.  Patricia, our house cleaner came today and this was her first time here in about 2 months since she just had a baby 3 weeks ago (talk about Rock Star!)..and she noticed that I had lost weight, which made me feel really good- this coming from someone who didn't know that I was "trying" to lose weight.  Then a bit later my friend Maura dropped by to pick up some Giants memorabilia stuff that I received for her and she said she could totally see the weight loss and commented that "I'm sure people who see you all the time don't notice as much, but I have not seen you in a few months- I can tell".  Helps to validate the fact that the scale does not always reflect reality.

My nephew got his Driver's License today and I think he may actually have a glimmer of excitement about that, even though he has had ZERO interest in getting it for the last two years.  It's been like pulling teeth for him to take the test and get it!

I got a lot of travel work done, almost done with two of my groups and another one is now kicking into gear (small one), but should have a group of 250 people starting to kick into gear in the next couple of days (pending approval from the powers that be).  Hoping for another productive day tomorrow.  Now, I see the light at the end of today's tunnel and it's called BED with FRESH SHEETS!!  A.K.A. - HEAVEN!

No comments: