Monday, September 12, 2011

WOW- it has been awhile.
I should really be heading to bed right now, but I am still on the awake side even though I have an early morning tomorrow.


September is not quite as crazy as August was - but I am still teaching a ton of classes.  So far this month I have taught 10 classes and have taken 7 other classes/walks as well.  Bill & I took a 9 mile walk on Labor Day and it was beautiful.  I did have some issues with my foot again after about 5 miles and seems it is aggravated by mileage and then further with downhills after a certain mileage point.  I finally broke down and have an appointment tomorrow to see the foot Dr.  I hope it's something easily remedied because I don't need something  like this to interfere with "life".  Although, on the up side, the foot does not bother me for spin, Body Pump, Yoga or dancing- so definitely walking related. Sigh.


I am teaching 8 classes this week (M-F), have 2-3 walks scheduled and we start our tap dance class tomorrow (well technically today since it is officially after midnight).  We will also go dancing Wednesday night.  We have other plans this Friday night and leave early Saturday for a nice Palm Springs getaway, which I'm looking forward to the down time for sure!  Then I have another 9 classes waiting for me when we get back through the end of the month.  So I will end September with having taught 27 this month.   I am thrilled that I now have another Body Pump class to call my own - Thursday nights at Fitness 101, it's a small class- so I am hoping that I can do some promotions to get more people into that class.  Maybe a contest of sorts.  We'll see.  


I am still thoroughly enjoying teaching so much.  I feel like I am back in my element and it's great connecting to the members and seeing them enjoy the classes.   It's been fun reviewing old choreography and even in spin class, I've been digging out some old playlists and having fun with that as well.  It's all good!


My WW journey is going pretty well, but slower than I would prefer.  I think the Labor Day weekend did me in.  A lot of eating out and not nearly enough activity.  We didn't go dancing that Friday night, I actually chose to stay home and had a wonderful phone conversation with Tiina, we talked for close to two hours and it was awesome.  When we see each other, we're always dancing and don't get to talk much, so it was a welcomed luxury.  Saturday after the Giants night game, we went to help Julie celebrate her 50th and didn't expect there to be dancing- but there was a DJ and we danced for about 2 hours non-stop. We had a blast.  Then of course that 9 mile walk on Monday.  It was still a very nice weekend though.  We also saw the movie "The Help" which was very good.  We finished off the holiday weekend with dinner out for Jocelyn's birthday at Benihanas - which overall, not too point unfriendly - except for the fried rice, who can resist that?


So after the holiday weekend, I was out of weekly points and still had a few more "occasions".  Diane's birthday was over the weekend, so we went out to dinner during the week. It was nice going out with a group of ladies who all want to be aware of the eating- so a couple of us shared entree's - it was perfect.  So I know I had to spend activity points, but it would have been much worse if we weren't sharing!   I did not expect the weigh in this past Friday to be good and there was no change from the previous week- so I sit at a total loss to date of 26 pounds- over 19 weeks on WW.


Friday started a new bank of points and right now, Sunday night I am almost out of them!  It's been another very social weekend.  Between Friday's Ship Tour in SF, dinner our Friday night with Bill before dancing.  I did cook dinner Saturday night, but ate a bit more than necessary in an effort to fuel up for dancing, but we ended up staying in Saturday night instead.  Today we had the Giants game and ate there, but then also went out to dinner on the way home.  Bottom line, we love good food and neither of us are fond of cooking.  So it's back on track tomorrow so that I can conserve the rest of the points I have left in the weekly bank- although one more Giants game on Wednesday ~ hopefully, all the activity this week will help! 


So Palm Springs will be a challenge for sure.  But I know that Bill & I will go for walks, I plan to swim- which is a treat for me and we will find a place to go dancing.  I've called ahead to two Gold's gyms and found out their guest policies- so I plan to go take Body Pump and Body Combat while down there.  Hoping the resort has a convenient yoga schedule.   We will make sure to eat as normally as possible...it will really only be a problem for one meal a day, I'm hoping.  We want to be "good", but also want to enjoy vacation.  Fingers crossed.


Everything else in life is good.  I mean sure I question things from time to time.  I can get very pensive at times.  I am learning some valuable lessons.  I am learning that there is most certainly some validity behind this poem:

Reason, Season, or Lifetime
People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.
When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty;
to provide you with guidance and support;
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.
Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

I am finding that some friends who I really thought would be lifelong friends are turning out to be "reason" friends.  A bit disappointing for sure because I had higher opinions about this friend.  Oh well, someday perhaps this will change.  We'll see.  What I am choosing to do is to focus on the many LIFETIME friends that I do have, because there are many and I am completely blessed.  I am a good friend, always have been. I live a good life and have some amazingly wonderful people in my life.  I am blessed beyond words! 

No comments: