Monday, September 19, 2011

Vacation is Tough on WW!!

Sitting here in Palm Springs after a very indulgent dinner and feeling like a huge tub-a-lard!   I have to say that being in vacation is certainly a challenge being on WW, but we are doing as much as we can to be "good"- I mean you have to find a balance between enjoying your vacation and trying to stay on program.  We are on plan up until the evening- that is when all hell breaks loose.   I guess all in all, I'm not doing too terribly all things considered.  We did go shopping and stocked up on our breakfast/lunch things so that we could dine out for dinner.  But it's not like us to go out to dinner and order a glass of wine- it's a bottle.  I think the problem is that at home- we don't have a full bottle, but we don't have just one glass- somewhere in the middle  - you can't order 1.5 glass of wine in a restaurant.   Oh well, guess it's a learning process.  We agreed we would not have dessert every night while on vacation and tonight was the first night.  That was probably the nail in the coffin for how I'm feeling right now!

Ok- it's done, it is what it is  - tomorrow is a new day and our last day on vacation, although I have one more eating out function when I get home Wednesday night and it's Chevy's- one of my weaknesses.  I have actually  not gone to Chevy's but once since starting WW back in May.  Too much temptation and now I know what my Quesadilla adds up to in points!

I have not been very successful with the gym program down here.  I had contacted the two Gold's Gyms nearby to get their guest policy and was armed with their schedules for Body Pump and Body Combat...well today I had set my alarm for 7am to make it to the 8am Pump class...to my dismay at 830am, I discovered that I has set my alarm for 7pm- a huge "thank you" to 40's eye-sight- the AM and PM on a digital watch look pretty darn close to each other!   So I did not make it to Body Pump today.  The evening classes are tough given the not wanting to eat dinner at 8pm- we'll see what tomorrow holds- might just be another walk- we did go walking for an hour today and then we walked to/from dinner- which was about 20 minutes each way.  So better than nothing.  I still have not swam!  I brought my goggles so that I could do laps, but I think part of me is a bit afraid that I may have forgotten how to swim! really?!!??!!  Again, tomorrow is another day!

Prior to going on vacation, I did weight in on Friday and the scale has not budged- I guess that's better than going up- although after this vacation, I would be very surprised if the scale doesn't go up.  Part of me is ok with that, I've been making such progress that I think a plateau was inevitable- so maybe these few days will jump start me into another losing spree!   Two steps forward, one step back ~ or something like that!

It was very exciting though to put on a bikini that I have not worn for 4+ years and although it didn't look perfect, it wasn't hideous either!   Bill will be very honest with me, so I know if he let me out of the villa wearing it, it was acceptable.  

We are having a very relaxing time here and I'm trying to stay away from work- I will probably have a few things that will need my attention tomorrow, but it's all good!  Our last day- already!  So we will get some more fun in the sun time and one last dinner out before heading back home Wednesday.   Back to working my ass off once again!

No comments: