Two Day Work Weeks are not fun!
Wow, I really earned this Friday night! Back to work Thursday after Palm Springs and it was like a Monday on Crack. Just non-stop requests to take care of and 4 decent size groups to work and get quotes for- with ever changing dates. Just a little nuts! Today...more of the same, although I was able to make some progress on two of the groups - a little more finalization accomplished! Still plenty of work left to do and I am hoping to set aside Sunday to really accomplish a lot. I need to buckle down because next week will just be 5 more days of the same!
My saving grace these past two days- teaching classes at the gym and getting my body moving after a lazy five days down south! I unfortunately did not teach the 6am spin class Thursday morning - I really tried, but as best I can tell after all this time of eating "better", I don't think my system approved of Chevy's Wednesday night. Without going into TMI, I was a bit afraid to not be close to a bathroom, so I called & the club manager said they would cancel the class. It is always a small class (2-3 people), so I hope that whoever did show up was not super disappointed. Lord knows I've gone sick to many 6am classes before with Kleenex, Theraflu, Cough Drops- you name it, just to not disappoint the early risers! I just couldn't do it. I was much better by mid-day and several trips to the potty room!
I taught my Thursday night Body Pump class and really am feeling like we are becoming a family. I'm learning names, we're chit-chatting before and after class, getting to know one another. Lots of smiles during class. I thoroughly look forward to seeing them each week! Friday started with an early spin class at Crunch and once again, I tweaked my knee (recurring injury that flares up)..I ended up getting a sub for my 915am spin at the JCC so that I could rest my knee and ice it up- seemed to do the trick. I was in good shape to sub Body Pump tonight at PAC.
I love subbing at PAC! People are so darn friendly and warm! My buddy Kevin, a participant who used to take my Body Pump class at 24 hour fitness 10 years ago is a member at PAC and I see him every once in awhile in classes, but almost always see him when I sub for John. Well, he showed up and paid me such a great compliment, "When I found out you were subbing tonight, I changed my plans and am not attending a dinner party so I could take your class." That just made my night- I was beaming with smiles. I had several members come up afterwards and tell me what a wonderful class it was and how they really appreciated the time I took to go over form. In fact, I had seen a few people doing the Clean & Press incorrectly (doing the reverse curl instead) and during our first "bar down" break, I reiterated what I was seeing and for everyone to really take notice of their form and I saw instant corrections on the next round of Clean & Presses - it was pretty awesome! Of course, every class has to have that one participant who lifts too much in biceps and rocks their body all over the place...couldn't get her to stop no matter how I tried with my general comments to the class. Never fails the one person you really want to talk one on one with after class, is always the one who leaves during abs or the stretch. In any case, it was a fabulous class and a greatly attended class- we had 20 people for a 630pm Friday night class! WOW!
I received an email today from my boss at Gold's, she was actually looking for a sub for 4 spin classes at the Palo Alto JCC while she is on vacation and she prefaced the request by saying that her class specifically requested me to sub in her absence. She said that they are so hard to please and she was hopeful that I could sub for her. I am available- so adding 4 classes to the next two weeks for those! I will round out September with 27 taught classes in total, not bad for being gone 5 days. I've also taken several clases and gone on several walks. I have 16 classes on the calendar for October so far...but plenty of time to pick up some more and we are gone for another 5 days to visit Bill's family...I actually have subs for 3 of my own classes in October!
Fitness fun is going well.
I did get on the scale this morning and was pleasantly surprised that I am still in the 160's after our crazy eating out vacation in Palm Springs! I've stayed pretty stagnant on the weight loss the last few weeks- too many eating out things, but that is dwindling down and I should be back on track once again. It feels GREAT to have my point bank account back again - I don't like the negative points at the end of the week!
Now off to bed, must get up early- picked up a 9am spin class to sub since I was already going to be at the same gym for 1030am Body Pump. 3 Pumps in 3 days- my legs are already mush from all the squats and lunges...just one more day - then Sunday is rest day!
No comments:
Post a Comment