Wednesday, June 01, 2011

When one door closes...another opens?

I have always believed that and am hoping that it proves to be true.  I definitely believe that everything happens for a reason.  A week ago tonight, I had taught what I thought was going to be MY regular Body Pump class, only to find out the next day that it was a mistake, I was not supposed to be offered the class, someone else was in line for it before me, etc.  I actually did not take it personally - thanks to the way it was explained to me.

Well, two days ago another facility sent out an email that they are wanting to expand their Group X schedule at their main office in Newark and wanted to see which instructors who are employed at their Menlo Park gym would be interested.  So my first reaction was "Newark?"- but even the Director said in her email that they were a mere 8 minutes away from their Menlo Park Gym and I know this to be true.  When my friend Lisa said I had to come with her to the Saddle Rack sometime 7 years ago, I was like "Fremont- are you kidding me, that's so far away!"- Well, it's really not far at all and Newark is much closer.  I thought about it all day and then finally sent off an email with my schedule and availability.  Today I heard back from the Director that she thinks she will schedule me for a Monday and Thursday evening Body Pump class for the month of August- they are launching a Health & Fitness month to preview additional classes and then based on how that goes, the classes will become permanent.   So maybe this is my path to teaching Body Pump regularly- it's not the ideal location, it's not my first choice place- but who knows?  It shouldn't take me any more time to drive to Newark as it did to the Palo Alto JCC, I am optimistic, but guarded.  I'm afraid of getting my hopes up too high and then get deflated again!   So we will see, I hope to hear the final word soon.

This has been a crazy week and feels like it's been a full 5 days already, yet it's only been 2 days and I feel time slipping away- so much to do, so little time to get it all done.  My two groups for this and next weekend are coming together nicely- so that is a huge load lifted off my back, but I was so exhausted last night after working until 1am.  I ended up missing a Seminar this morning, I just could not get myself out of bed- I needed sleep.  I think my body has been in shock with all of the activity I've been getting lately. - I currently stand at having earned 52 Activity points this week- 43 of them unused.  Hopefully, that will translate to weight loss on the scale, but I am finding out more than ever that sleep has a lot to do with healthy weight loss and I need to make an effort with getting more sleep.  So what am I doing blogging at 1140pm?  It's my bewitching hour- LOL

I will have a busy two days left of the week with a lot of travel work that needs completing, mom has a hair appointment tomorrow and I am subbing Body Pump tomorrow night.  Friday, WW, Spin, might get to Zumba as well (I need to refresh my choreography before I sub for 4 weeks starting 6/13)...and then will enjoy the last Friday night at home with mom.  She moves back home on Saturday...a little over 2 months  after her hospital stay.  In fact, tomorrow- June 2nd will be two months.   It has been nice having her here with us and I would not trade having this experience for the world - BUT, it will be nice to resume to our normal life again.  She is driving me just a little nuts from time to time with her OCD and her Nervous Nelly idiosyncrasies.  She worries about the silliest things, but I guess that's what 82 year old ladies do.   

I am really looking forward to next weekend though- Bill and I get to celebrate our 5 year Wedding Anniversary on board a short cruise to Ensenada- it will just be nice to get away and be alone!  :D

No comments: