Thursday, June 16, 2011

Time for Change....

...change of foot attire that is!   After my 7 mile walk Tuesday and a 6 mile walk yesterday, I felt energized, but I also felt some major pain in my left foot/ankle and up eventually into my hip.   This brought back memories of my Nike 1/2 marathon last year and how I felt so crippled for days following.  Now I did attribute that to the fact that I had trained very little and that I had developed a blister and had probably walked funny to protect that blister.  Well, the more I got to thinking about this last night (after experiencing pain while line dancing - NOT ACCEPTABLE) - I got to think that my Superfeet inserts really have not been all that super.  They never did feel quite right - ever, but I worked with it and they never caused me too much pain on short walks- so the light bulb went off today- they just were not working for me at all.  

Since we went dancing last night and I stayed up later than I had wanted, I decided to sleep in until 745am, giving myself just enough time to get ready, check emails and head out to my hair appointment.  Decided afterwards to go to Runner's High in Menlo Park and get some help with my feet.  Ended up buying two new pairs of shoes, new inserts (NOT Superfeet, but rather a brand that I had used 10 years ago) and went home wearing them.  Amazing how much better my leg feels now after a day in properly supportive shoes.  I was planning on going for a shorter walk this evening, followed by Body Pump in my living room to do the new release that just arrived yesterday - but work took over and I didn't get done working until 645pm- although I'm never done- still have much to do.  Decided today was going to be a day off of activity, whether I want it or not.  Probably not a bad idea to let my foot/ankle/hip recover a bit more and I know that I am out of alignment- tomorrow's chiropractor appointment is going to feel so good! 

Looking forward to the weekend, going to dance all night long tomorrow night- our second Friday night since my mom's hospital ordeal...so this will feel great.  Will put in some time walking, doing Body Pump and getting some work done and Bill & I plan to go to mom's to pick up her Donation pile and take care of that..overall though a pretty low key weekend.  Maybe even get some sun worshiping done - assuming there will be warm enough sun to worship! 

So I will end this week with a Negative 19 weekly points- I didn't make up the entire 52, but I did make a serious dent in the deficit, more than I thought possible.  I would love to weigh in tomorrow and see a loss- but I will be happy with staying the same with all the challenges that have been put in my path this past week. 

No comments: