Monday, June 06, 2011

MOM is back HOME!

This was a VERY busy weekend- in fact I am still tuckered out tonight!   Friday night was a night at home- I actually was in bed before 11pm on a Friday night- I don't think that has happened in a very long time!   But I needed the rest, it felt good and I actually set an early morning alarm clock to make sure I got to the gym.  I took the 710am Body Pump class, followed by the 815am step class.  I am usually a pretty lame stepper- but I managed through the class- Amy was a great instructor and I got a fabulous workout.    I came home after a few errands, had some breakfast and shower, then we headed up to mom's house with her this time.

The whole family was there, minus one nephew and we worked at getting more things in place and unpacking knick knacks, etc.   Mom was able to sort through some things and determine if she really wanted to keep things or get rid of some- Pick of the Litter is going to have a huge donation soon!   We worked diligently from 1pm until 10pm.   But we had made incredible progress, although had a few setbacks..,my mom's new kitchen shade was about an inch too wide and it can't be trimmed down- so we have to order a new one and one of her favorite table lamps met an untimely demise - so that also needs to be replaced.  It was a fairly stressful day for most of us, a little trying at times (way too many people in such a small house at one time), but in the end we accomplished quite a bit.   We got home around 11pm and made dinner and my mom and I stayed up until 2am chatting, Bill was with us until 1am- hen he slept on the couch!  

We all slept in Sunday- got out of bed around 11am and slowly came to life- we were all exhausted beyond belief.  But we finally left the house around 1pm and did a Target run, Bed Bath & Beyond and Safeway...4 hours later we were finally on the road to S.F.- this time it was just Bill, my mom and myself- we each had our duties and got her completely moved in - we left her house around 930pm and she still had a few boxes of things to sort through and put in their places, but overall the house looked really good- I am pissed that I forgot to take after pictures- but will take some Thursday when I take her to a Dr. appt.  

I think mom is very pleased with her house and all of the improvements, she is worried about being lonely now after living with us for a couple of months and I worry about her in that regard she is also lonely because her main activity while home was smoking and she has made it no secret that she does miss the cigarettes- she says she wants one, but that she won't smoke...we'll see- I just pray that IF she tries that she quickly realizes that they don't taste good anymore.

I have been feeling "Skinny" these past few days - so I have jumped on the scale and am fairly confident that I will meet or exceed my goal for this week's weigh in.  I'm going to try to get to WW on Thursday this week since Friday we leave for our 5th Anniversary Cruise...my goal is 10 pounds by the 10th- I'm really loving this program and it's getting really easy, I am loving my workouts and finding it easier to fit them into my schedule- trying to get 1-2 in per day....I still need to incorporate some yoga, I just have not had the right schedule at the gym to fit into my schedule- but plan to work it out.   I am sitting here right now with 25 weekly and 35 activity points unused...I am going out tomorrow night to the Giants game- but will be ok.

Starting to stress a bit over the fact that I am subbing Zumba next week for 4 weeks and I have not taught the class in over 6 months- I have to get my playlist together this week before we go away so I can review and practice while on the cruise...otherwise I'm screwed!  I should have gone to Zumba tonight to get some practice and review-- but was just too wiped out!

No comments: