Wednesday, September 26, 2012

This week has been rough...so happy to be over the hump!

I can't really put my finger on it- but can only guess that it is a combination of allergies that have been acting up, the fact that I can't seem to go to bed earlier than 1am and I have to be up early every day to get mom to the hospital for her infusions.   Then once there, the room is so sleep conducive.  I just want to come back home and crawl back into bed.    As a result, I have not been nearly as productive as I should be this week.   Oh well, there is always tomorrow and I'm determined!   Produce or Bust!

We had a pretty crazy weekend, it was supposed to be a low-key weekend, but really wasn't afterall.  Friday night we went dancing and my foot did hurt, most of the night- but it felt good to dance.  Bill was happy to get his happy feet going again.  It was great to see friends and have people happy to see us.  All in all a pretty good night.   Saturday had an amazing Body Pump class- every piece of equipment was used and lots of energy- just starts off the day on a wonderful note...it was also a bonus that mom's infusions for the weekend were canceled in an effort to regulate the dosage.   Once done with class, a little grocery shopping, changed mom's bandage and then got ready to head up for our night of Babysitting.  We had the McClymond 3 and the Foley 2 ranging from 2 years old to 10 years old.  We had a really good time, but we now know why our parent friends are always tired!  Great group of kids though and they were all very well behaved.   We ended up staying there until after 2am, once Diane & Mike got home we stayed up chatting for quite awhile.  Slept in Sunday, watched the 49er game, went for a massage and that was supposed to be it for the plans.  However, after the massage Bill suggested Mexican food- so we went to Margaritas and then I thought going to a movie might be fun- so we walked down the street and saw "Hope Springs"- a really good chick flick.  :)  Came home, did some work and got ready for the week.  Poof- weekend over.

Mom is doing pretty well...her infusions are now just once a day and we get blood work drawn tomorrow to make sure the Vanco trough levels are where they need to be, the wounds are looking better but it's still slow moving.  I think we'll be doing these treatments for a couple of weeks.  I am happy that the treatments are relatively easy and she is taking it in stride- I guess all things considered this is a pretty easy part of this journey today.

I have started to get on with planning our 2013 trips.  Booked Maui for January and in the process of booking Palm Springs for March.  Bill is all booked for his boys trip with Charles to Nascar in March and I'm trying to decide if I should go to my annual v.com conference in June.  It's in Orlando at the Disney Swan which will be a great location, but just not sure if I want to do Disney World again.  I'd rather do a cruise, but the cruise options don't really fit in with the conference schedule and I know Bill can't really take that much time off at one time...decisions, decisions.  Must decide soon though and go from there.  I'm leaning toward not going this time around unless I go for conference only and he stays home- but then that's no fun at amusement parks.   I really have no business planning trips with all the remodeling that will be going on, but then again it is my job, my duty to travel and keep on learning for my business!

I splurged last night and decided to buy myself a ticket to see Barbra Streisand in concert in November.  I told Bill he does not have to get me a birthday gift- this is it!  The tickets are ridiculously expensive and at a place like HP you have to get good seats or else the acoustics suck.  So cha-ching, $500 - here you go Barbra!   Although, today it was very cool, my friend Blair from the JCC emailed me and said that my Facebook post inspired her to "bite the dust" also and she bought a solo ticket too, the concert is on her birthday and we're going to ride together and go to dinner before hand!  I love Facebook for these sorts of things- so fun!

Anyway, time to get some sleep- up early to teach 6am spin and get some activity!!

No comments: