A busy two weeks....
It must have been if I have not blogged!! I feel as though there were 1/2 a dozen times that I wanted to write...oh well. I made it back home from Rochester and other than missing that nephew of mine, life has been pretty good for the month of September! Of course, I'm not really sure how it got to be September already- but it's here and it's almost half-way done!
Work has been insanely busy and I am averaging about 2-3 new referrals each week, people who are finding me on Yelp! I am pretty excited about this because I am an avid Yelper and always review businesses, so it's nice that other peoples reviews are circling back around to help me with my business. Some are good referrals and a few are shoppers, but I have made some good bookings from these. I really need a quiet weekend though so that I can get caught up on administrative stuff, the part of my business that I don't enjoy very much - right up there with paying bills!
Fitness & Weight Loss- well as for weight loss I had lost 3 pounds before Rochester and have been up & down since then but I think I will finally be back on track. We've had some pretty point unfriendly weekends! But, they have been so much fun! I went for my first walk since May- I decided to try some distance walking in my Sketcher Shape Ups, since they don't seem to aggravate the toe- I walked to mom's apartment and it went well so on the way home still feeling pretty good I decided to turn it into a real walk and went just under 4 miles. I don't think I could have done much more than that. Still gotta figure out a way around this stupid toe. My classes are going well and I am going to try to get in some of my own workouts now that life is settling down a wee bit...at least during the week, things are settling down.
Social life has been off the hook! Labor Day weekend was filled with impromptu plans- a nice BBQ at the McClymonds to ring in Diane's 44th year, Giants game on Labor Day...this past weekend we went out to dinner and dancing with the RWC crew to officially celebrate Diane's birthday- 20 people, everyone was there- we had a BLAST! Saturday we went over to Cyndi's house and met her husband Martin and had such a great dinner and visit, topped off with a couple hours in the hot tub and a freezing dip in the non-heated pool- but it was fun! Sunday- Bill & I headed up to SF early so that we could watch the 49er game on TV across from AT&T park before that game. What a great plan! Some friends that we vacationed with last year in Cancun for Jeanette's birthday joined us for the 49er game and it really was fun. Giants game that evening- wins for both SF teams, happy day! Just when I thought we couldn't top it I am anxiously awaiting this upcoming weekend that is so full of plans! Dinner/Concert on Friday, Lunch Date/Reunion Dinner/Wedding after party on Saturday and Opening Day at Candlestick to see the Niners! I am so happy that Monday is a JCC closing Jewish Holiday- I get to sleep in!
The Giants are in 1st place, they are 6 games ahead of the Dodgers- the MAGIC number is 15! I am getting so so so excited for Orange October....I sure do love my G-men, always have and always will.
Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment