Friday, March 23, 2012

A Pretty Good Day...

I woke up this morning still incredibly tired, but determined to make it a good and productive day.  I was focused on work.  I was able to get documents mailed out to several clients, I worked on several trip quotes and got information to clients.  I made phone calls to the Cardiologist, the Hospital Case Worker, the Hospitalist, the Director at Woodside Terrace- lots of information and lots of good news.

It looks like mom will be discharged tomorrow.  The C-diff test they took yesterday came back negative, which means she is clear of the nasty infection- now we just need the urgency to go potty to return back to "normal".  The Doctors gave me the scoop on mom's heart condition and stated that she probably had a heart attack at some point, it shows on the ultrasound, but not on the EKG.   They don't think she'll need the Oxygen therapy for much longer, which is GREAT news!   All in all, things seem to be manageable and it's just amazing what a difference a hospital can make.  It seems that Sequoia has a different mission statement than CPMC.  We never felt this good or comfortable with even the first hospital where she had surgery - yes there were good staff members, but overall- it was hard to get answers, it was hard to get in touch with anyone.  These Docs are giving me direct phone numbers and are ready to answer any and all questions.  Just a totally different feeling.

Ashley & Nurse Grace from Woodside Terrace visited mom today and did their assessment to make sure that they will be able to handle her needs.  All is good on that front.  My mother expressed her anxiousness to get out of the hospital and really wants to get her hair and nails done!    I made her an appointment for the salon at WT for Saturday- she will feel like a brand new woman!   She is very sad about leaving her house and still questions why she is still alive.  She is concerned about money, but I keep reassuring her that it will be alright.  She is very nervous that she will have an accident and be embarrassed and I have to admit that worries me as well.  I don't want her to go through that and I am hoping that she won't be forever incontinent.  I mean it stands to reason if you've been bedridden and your butt can't handle the bedpan anymore that you just have to go in your diaper, I'd think that your insides would start to expect to go that way.

On the brother front today- he was supposed to have a few people come by to see the house, but they didn't show up.  There are two people scheduled to come by tomorrow.  Seems the lower list price is attracting people and hopefully it will mean people ready to buy and to bid and bid high.  The current bidder just increased his price to the list price.  This is good because hopefully anyone coming in now and through the weekend, if they are interested will be told that there is a bid for asking price and if they are interested they will have to bid higher.  Only serious offers need be submitted.  I am praying so hard that he gets a good bid out of this.  He needs it so badly.  We all need it badly.  Things have got to start turning around for him and we don't have that sort of time to waste.

TGIF!!  Going to be a busy weekend and I've got many things to get accomplished.  Of course, visiting mom will be a priority so that she's comfortable in her new place.

No comments: