Down for the Count!
Well, crapola!! I am SICK! I was in denial yesterday, thought it was allergies because sometimes climate changes from traveling mess with my sinuses...but nope- full blown chest/head cold. I realize that my body is telling me to "slow the hell down", I've been pushing and going full steam ahead between work, fitness, traveling and taking care of mom (be that going by her house or just simply spending time with her). All in all, very overwhelming. So when I get sick, my M.O. is that I lose my voice- God is not stupid, he knows that I'll keep pushing ahead as much as I can- but it's really hard to teach fitness without a voice and it can be hard to do my travel job if most clients are using the phone- which of course was the case today!
I got subs for my Body Pump class tonight and my Spin class tomorrow. I was really looking forward to getting back in the saddle again- I have not taught that class in over a month, with really just one Friday planned off for Hawaii, but then work was overwhelming with deadlines when I got back from Hawaii, then the next week overwhelmed with mom's surgery and lots of time away from the office and now this week- sick. Just hate not being there for my participants. Sucks, but very thankful that I have a very supportive team in the gym arena to help cover in times of need. I do wish there were more options for Thursday nights at Fitness 101- none of the Body Pump instructors are ever available to help out, so I'm caught between a rock and a hard place whenever I need someone. I really dislike having to change the class format to Sculpting...so would never have done that unless I was truly in need.
Mom was moved yesterday to Skilled Nursing at the Davies Campus of CPMC and is settling in., I feel terrible that I have not been able to go by there yet. With being sick, I don't want to bring any germs with me. I don't see myself being well enough to go tomorrow either, so hoping I am able to go visit on Saturday. She needs the visit, tonight she was very uptight thinking that nobody (drs./nurses) were going to be around over the weekend. I will need to find out exactly what the situation is. I just hate that she's alone with no visitors there since she was moved. So I am praying that I am much better tomorrow so that I can go see her Saturday. I know that they have started to work with her on exercising to regain some upper body strength to help her with getting herself up and being able to push herself up off the bed/chair or whatever. It's going to be a long, hard road for her - but I am feeling as though she wants to push through and get better. Time will tell.
Time to get some rest- lots of it and tomorrow is a work in PJ's type of day. I really don't think I will be well enough to dance tomorrow night- bummed about that, but I have to take care of myself. I want to be well enough to teach Body Pump on Saturday.
TTFN!
No comments:
Post a Comment