Friday, January 13, 2012

You Reap what you Sow....thank you Body Pump!

I've been struggling these past few days in a variety of ways.  But what has been getting my goat is one miserable, horrible person who does not know when to stop.   I have been pretty blessed in my life to be surrounded by positive, loving, caring, decent people and I have almost always been a good judge of character.  With the exception of one time.  (& no, I am not talking about my ex-husband, he's actually a very good person who made some bad decisions- it happens to the best of us)   So yesterday, I was so disgusted, pissed off, livid, ....(pick an adjective) with this thing (she is not even a person to be honest)...that I could barely breathe and I found myself enjoying the show "Revenge".  The truth of the matter though is that I am a good person and don't have a mean bone in my body, so although I'd love to seek revenge and would like to wish horrible things - I am forced to remember that I am a Christian woman first & foremost.    As I have been struggling with this, today as I was running through Body Pump one more time before launching it at F101,  the lyrics, "you reap what you sow" during the ab track stood out and actually helped to bring me a sense of peace and put me back on track once again.  Thank you Body Pump!

"You reap what you sow".....actions have consequences.   Same thing has "karma", "what goes around comes around",  doesn't matter what religion you practice, there seems to be a name for this.  And I do know that it is true.   For those of us who have been wronged, we just need to keep the faith - even when it seems so hopeless that in time, wrongs will be made right.  It's not an easy lesson to learn and it seems that it is a lesson that I have to keep on relearning.   Patience.

So enough about this topic...Good Lord, please keep me in check- I leave this in YOUR hands.  I trust and have faith that you have a plan and that everything will work out just fine.  

NEXT Topic....Weight loss...or lack thereof.  So I seem to have hit a serious wall and am not happy about it.   It has taken quite a bit of time to try to rebound from the vacation-holiday weeks of eating and eating and eating.  Of course, I am thankful that I have not gained weight.  I know that I have not been the best "eater"...but I have been working out.  Diane & I have been walking almost everyday which has been awesome- we have had fabulous January weather!   So this got me to start thinking...I am teaching Body Pump 3 x a week, have been taking it or practicing it a few more times these past few weeks getting ready for launch.  Walking, spinning....so I'm thinking that it's probably time to change things up and toss in something new...but what?  That is the problem, I just don't know what else to do (activity wise).    However, even though I have lost and gained the same 3-4 pounds since October 20th over and over again, my size 10 jeans still fit.  So there is always the theory of the fact that I'm building more muscle because of all the weight lifting.  Sigh.

Was hoping to have a better bikini body for Hawaii in two weeks vs. the Cancun bikini body- but sadly it's about the same..so now my next bikini goal is for May and hopefully with zero huge events/parties/holidays I can keep on track and get on the losing train once again.  I think going to WW meetings might also help to refocus....of course the meeting I like to attend is 745am on Fridays- it's now after midnight on Thursday- what is the likelihood that I will get up that early?

No comments: