Sunday, January 15, 2012

Detour....

Ok, so I thought 7 weekly points were a good safety net, but that was before today unraveled.  I guess I need to be more realistic that I don't have a lot of control over weekends and should not count my extra points before Monday!   Oh well, life happens and I'm having the time of my life.

Made it to church this morning and I am so happy to be part of a community that celebrates life.  I can't begin to count the number of people wearing "49er red" to church today, the greeting on the big screen was a photo of Smith running in his touchdown from yesterdays game and Pastor Eric even commented on how great it was to see everyone in church today after such a great game yesterday.  This is why I LOVE my church, it's REAL....it's about day to day life and yes- when your home team is advancing in the playoffs, it's real, it's life, it's noteworthy!    Great service!

We then had an informal appointment for a Spray Tan at Diane's house.  Janet has a side business of spray tanning, so she came over to spray, Bill, Diane, Molly & myself.  It really works!  I'm amazed at how tan we all got with one application!  Crazy!   Well, that turned into an invite from Mike to stay around and watch the Giants/Packers game- the pivotal game that would determine if the 49ers host next weekend or traveled to Green Bay - Well- the Giants won, so we get to attend another Playoff game- THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, THE LAST GAME BEFORE THE SUPER BOWL!!!!  I am beyond excited.  Of course, that led to a dinner invitation and Mike made fabulour cornish game hens stuffed with wild rice!  He's such an amazing cook!  Delicious dinner with Diane, Mike, Molly & Andy...lots of laughs & good times!  Finished off dinner with a game of "Mexican Train" which is a domino game.  We had a good time.

So on the WW front- well my weekly points are gone because game watching was accompanied with chips/dip, etc.  Oh and wine...a day where wine started flowing at 3pm!   Just means I will work extra hard this week.   Life does happen....and I'm having the time of my life!   Great friends, good times...I am blessed!

No comments: