Life is Good!
As I sit here in Hawaii at the Aulani resort...hubby is snoozing away, our friends are tucked away in their room next door, I sit here and reflect- I truly am blessed. Blessed with a career that I love, one that allows and requires me to travel to fun destinations. Blessed with an amazing husband who will travel the world with me- doesn't matter where, just as long as we are together. Blessed with wonderful friends.
As we are going through security this morning at SFO, Nolan sees us and shouts out, "Uncle Bill do you have your tablet?"...then later when we all catch up-- "Uncle Bill, you're the best Uncle EVER" - that sort of stuff just warms my heart. These kids love Bill so much, it's so awesome. Makes me sad on one side of things that we don't have kids of our own, but so happy that we have such amazing kids in our lives who really are such an important part of our lives. The vacation begins...Nolan of course wanted to sit with Uncle Bill, but his dad told him "No, let Uncle Bill sit with Auntie Pammie"....it all worked out. Great flight, great limo ride to the resort and great first night - except for the rain. Fortunately, we were given umbrellas to get ourselves back to our rooms after dinner. Service is the name of the game at Disney's Aulani Resort!
So I weighed in this morning and the scale said 166.6...this is progress!! Now hoping I can hang onto it through vacation and then keep it going once we get back. This puts me back at the 28 pound mark and still so close, yet so far from the elusive 30 mark! However, a milestone today- together Bill & I changed my belly ring! I have worn the same belly ring since I got my belly pierced 8 years ago! For awhile I was always afraid of changing it and then at one point I know that I didn't want to take it out for fear that I would not put it back in again-- I was fat and the belly ring didn't feel very comfy! Well about 3 years ago Janet gave me a Mickey Mouse belly button ring for Christmas...I am now wearing that belly button ring. My goal was to wear it at Disney's Aulani resort- Disney + beach = Mickey Mouse belly button ring! So far so good, it was a goal and I achieved it, as silly as it may sound.
Looking forward to our time here, it's a pretty amazing resort- I just hope the weather cooperates! It poured rain tonight...hopefully that is just a night thing! We found out that the Pro Bowl football players are staying at the JW Marriott next door, so excited that we may run into them at some point. We plan to dine there tomorrow night!
Well off to bed for me now...ALOHA!
No comments:
Post a Comment