Well, first of all- I am on a cloud...cloud 49!!! The 49er game today was absolutely off the hook, crazy fun and we go to the next round of the playoffs- the last stop before the Super Bowl--who would have thunk??!! Exciting, fun, amazing.....there just aren't enough adjectives to describe today!
Ok, so to get on topic here- weight loss. I weighed in yesterday at home and again this morning and I have been gaining and losing the same 3-4 pounds over and over again since October 20th. I get it- I know that we have had trips, we have had birthdays, holidays, etc. I have been working my ass off at the gym and/or outside walking- so I was starting to get a bit discouraged (in my head)...and then I thought this morning that maybe I'd take measurements and see where those are at this time. The last time I measured myself was 9/23/2011- I weighed 169. Today I weighed in at 168.8- so almost the same weight. HOWEVER, I have lost 1/4 inch in my chest, 3/4 inch in my waist, 2 inches around my belly, 3/4 inch around the hips, 1/4 inch on the calves and about 1/2 inch around my neck. So it would appear right now that I am the victim of muscle weighs more than fat. I am losing inches and ultimately that is what counts. My size 10 jeans fit, I don't have to cram myself into them - in fact right now they are actually a bit roomy...so gee am I closer to getting into the size 8's? I don't know.
The plan- so I am going to keep pushing, keep working out and try to diversify. I have 12 days until we are Oahu bound and that will be 4 days in a bikini! I intend to make this the first week in a very long time that I do not dip into my activity points. I feel like this is actually possible right now- it's Saturday night and I have 7 weekly points left. I don't have any "dining out" plans and I am hoping to plan a few meals and be able to keep the points under control. I want to see the scale move. I know I should not put a lot of stock in the number on the scale!
So tonight, I will be going to bed one tired but happy girl. I am losing where it counts and my beloved 49ers are headed to the final round of playoffs before the Super Bowl. My dad would be so proud. It's funny as an adult, I truly do enjoy sports - my home teams of the Giants & 49ers and my love for these teams always seems to keep me connected to my dad. He may not have been able to witness a SF Giants World Series while he was alive, but he did get to witness and live through the "Team of the 80's"- he'd be so excited & proud of the 49ers for this season! I have such fond memories of watching the games in the 80's with my dad...good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment