Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Stronger!

It has been a series of "light bulb" moments- having measured myself the other day and realizing that yes I am losing inches- even though the scale is not cooperating with the number.   But it's just pretty amazing how you start to notice things.  I subbed Yoga last night and was amazed that when it came time to do Chaturanga, I did not have to go down to my knees....three times we did it and I was on my toes with my elbows tucked in close each time.  That is a direct result of Body Pump and the strength that I've built, the muscle that I've built.   It has been a long time since I've been able to do that pose on my toes.  I almost wanted to shout out during class, but did not- that would not be very yoga-like.

Today, I was extremely sore from yoga - all over: butt, arms, legs, chest....but I didn't let that stop me.  Went for a very brisk walk with Diane this evening (it was cold) and then off to teach Body Pump- have not taught or taken Body Pump since  Thursday...so I am sore even more...and this is just the tip of the iceberg.  I received a last minute request to sub 7am for a sick instructor and I was already subbing 6am on Thursday in addition to my normal 630pm class.  A new release is never easy and to teach it 4 times in 3 days- Yowza.  I should be burnt toast by Thursday night!   But it "hurts so good"!

I had a big class tonight at Gold's (big for the norm) and had 3 new to Pump people.  First time teaching 80 to this group, although a few of them had 80 on Saturday when Michele subbed for me.   They did very well and I was so proud of them!

I had another Dr. appointment today.  My Primary had suggested that I go see a Dermatologist just to get a baseline on my skin and check for any odd growths, etc. that could potentially lead to skin cancer.  Good news- nothing to worry about and it was a fairly easy appointment.  The Dr. had a very unusual last name and when we spoke of it- I told him that I had encountered that name once before when I had a Business Law class at CSM and he says "yep, that's my mom"  How crazy is that?   Was just a bit funny that I firstly remember a Professor from 1984 and that her son is now my Dermatologist!   Feels good to have a good report card.

Today, I also did a few good deeds- "giving for the sake of giving".  I went to 6 stores today in search of 49er wear for my nieces/nephews' kids.  I was successful- getting a little here and there at 4 different stores.  So one package went out today to my niece Danielle for her two kids Trinity & Logan and the other package will go out tomorrow to Jenifer for her baby MacKenzie and her niece (who lives with her) Tori.  They will all be appropriately decked out for Sunday's Championship Game!   I'm getting super excited for Sunday....the City is starting to show the 49er Colors!

No comments: