Sometimes you just have to say "Carpe Diem". I was looking ahead to this week and saw how crazy it was mapped out to be...between a few extra classes to teach (my new line dancing series in Newark - although October snuck up on them and they had not advertised for it yet- so we will now begin next week instead- probably a blessing in disguise) and a few appointments for mom- I was starting to feel the stress. However, I remembered that this week was the final showing of the Classic Series at the Century theatre and the movie is a mom classic "Vertigo", so I mentioned it to mom and she got all excited- so I realized then that I was committed to take her because disappointing her is the last thing I will ever do.
Monday was pretty much UNproductive...mom had 3 appointments - eye doctor who always takes forever and never predictable as to how much time we will be there, followed by the super efficient plastic surgeon to remove the stitches from last week's tumor removal procedure (yes it was skin cancer and they are not sure they got it all, but this type of tumor is not one likely to spread- it may just produce another growth again and we'll remove if that happens) and then off to the hospital to get the sonogram follow-up on her legs/vein study to make sure the blood flow is all good. Well the technician did see some blockage- but you don't take what he has to say until you hear from the Doctor. Anyway, I didn't get into my office until close to 3pm and did a few things, but just was not motivated to get anything done. Not a great way to start off the week when I know I have things to work on.
Tuesday was wonderfully productive- in large part because the line dance class was canceled and I was on a "get things done" roll and really did make progress yesterday. Today I did get some things done, but had to leave at 130pm to get mom and go to our movie. So glad that I did- the movie was good (I had never seen it) and she really enjoyed it. We ran a few errands afterwards and it was getting late do we picked up Bill and went to dinner at Lucia's and she really enjoyed that as well. She is a hoot! She really makes me laugh and I love to see Bill laugh at the things she talks about - he has said numerous times that he knows exactly how I will be when we're old and gray and we just laugh about it- seriously though I'd love to be like my mom when I get to be her age...she's smart, funny, witty and she cares about herself and others immensely. She's amazing.
Of course, I get the call from her vascular doctor and sure enough - the blood flow in the leg is compromised and now we need to see about a procedure - similar to angioplasty, but for the bypass in the leg. I will have more information tomorrow, but this should be an easy procedure and most likely an outpatient or overnight stay. Fingers crossed- I tried to reassure mom that this was preventative to avoid having to need another bypass down the line and that she is so much healthier than she was in 2012 when she had the femoral bypass, so she'll bounce right back. Let's just hope and pray that this is the case.
No comments:
Post a Comment