Sunday, October 20, 2013

64 days until Christmas...OH MY!

Yep, 64 days-- can you believe it?   Well, I won't dwell too much on that at the moment, but considering it's been over two weeks since my last post and it feels like a month- I'm getting a bit scared at how quickly time is flying and how things are just not getting done as quickly as I'd like.

The past few weeks have been busy with learning the new releases for Body Combat and Body Pump- we had the Re-launch at Gold's this weekend and overall it went well.   I had two tracks for Body Combat and 3 tracks for Body Pump.  I definitely have a higher comfort level when teaching the new Pump stuff vs. Combat stuff.  I know this feeling will wear off in time...but it was a little unnerving.  Of course, when I went to teach my track 4 in Combat, the microphone was not cooperating and that threw me off - so I started wrong, but knew instantly where I had gone wrong- kept going for 4 reps and then switched to what I was supposed to be doing...it worked out and I don't think anyone except the shadowing instructors knew- but I was so mad at myself- it's like that microphone wiped out my memory banks in a heartbeat.  Nailed track 5 and had a lot of fun with it.  Overall, it was a great launch day- lots of participants and Robin, the director said after Body Combat she had several people come up and ask about the classes and when/where could they take it--so that's really good news!   Just sucks that I won't be teaching class for 3 weeks with vacation coming up.   Morgan came to the launch and I introduced her to Robin- very excited for her to go through training- it's going to be a great experience for her!

I did make the decision and signed up for Body Flow training in December- I am super excited about this and was able to order two past releases- so my new fitness regimen starting this week is going to include doing Body Flow 3 times per week in the living room to gain back my flexibility once again!  I will need it for training- but I really can't wait to add a third Les Mills format.  I know the El Camino Y is going to add the program and I think I'll be able to get my foot in the door.  Also, I spoke to Robin about adding it at Gold's and she is open to the idea, but she needs to get Combat into all 5 locations first.  I absolutely LOVE that she is a Les Mills supporter!  

October has been birthdays galore!  Brynn turned 11, we had a lovely Friday night dinner out with the family to help her celebrate - it was a really nice time out with great friends.  It was also nice to be out with the kids and seeing them mature and not really need to have friends with them- they were happy to be with family.    Kinsley & Shelby had their birthday party this weekend to celebrate 7 & 6 years...they are getting so big - a good time was had by all.

Mom is doing pretty well- she had a procedure this past week on her leg- there was some blockage shown in her vein study- so they did an angioplasty type of procedure and everything went well.  She had to spend the night in the hospital, but everything was routine.  They will want to do a procedure on her other leg sometime soon- probably before the end of the year.

We are moving along with mom's house- finally.  I was able to get several painting bids this past week and we should be picking one tomorrow who can start this week and get the outside of the house taken care of.  Steve's friend Christian is coming down tomorrow and he will be working on the house to take care of all the interior stuff.  The hope is to be done in two weeks and be able to get this house on the market and hopefully get mom what she is hoping for....the market is remaining hot and there is not a lot of competition on the market, so fingers crossed.

We finally got our refinance- so after all of my patience and insistence- ok stubbornness to not settle on higher rates - we did confirm and lock at 4.25%- so I am a very happy camper with that!   Things are coming along perfectly.

So the coming weeks- well we have our Royal Princess Caribbean Inaugural cruise next weekend- I can't wait to get on a cruise...it's been too long since we've actually vacationed on a cruise.   This one is going to be a lot of fun!   But golly once we get back, it's going to feel like off to the races...it'll be November and really not too many weeks left until Thanksgiving- which equals Christmas decoration weekend and lots to get done for that to all fall into place.  The garage is a disaster zone right now and I have lots of things that I need to try to sell for mom on eBay or Craig's List..just have not had the time to deal with it- but I need to make the time.   Our reunion is November 9th and it seemed so far away- but voila, it's not!   I had hoped to be done with Christmas shopping before this cruise and although I've made some great progress- I'm not sure that it will happen...I need to focus on getting work done before I can dig into more shopping.  Oye!



No comments: