Wednesday, November 13, 2013

So Many Emotions...

RELIEF...
My High School reunion was this past Saturday and there is nothing better than seeing everything go off without a hitch.  The venue was perfect, the evening was beautiful, we had great views, good times catching up with various alums.  It was very satisfying to have everything go so well and to know that I had a big part in making this happen.  It's my 3rd consecutive reunion that I've planned and by far the best one and it has been billed as "EPIC"- just not sure what we'll do for the 35th reunion to top this.  The pressure!  But I won't even begin to think about this until at least a few more years.  It really was a great night, I understand the food was good also- but I never made it to the buffet, I was too busy running around visiting with people, selling raffle tickets, checking on the music.  I think if I was not a Travel Professional, I would be a Professional Party/Event Planner.  We spent the night and were surprisingly upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite- pretty sure my friend Michele had something to do with that since she has worked at the Fairmont for a very long time.  She is very well respected there and had a huge hand in securing the venue for us.

OVERWHELMED...
I just really stopped today to count and see that my birthday is two weeks away and Thanksgiving two days after that.  While I am on target with my personal schedule of holiday shopping, almost done- just a few more finishing things to get, I have ordered Holiday cards for business and personal, the business ones arrived today, I set up the carpet cleaning appointment that happens every year the week of Thanksgiving, I've cleared my schedule to decorate the day after and will have everything done and cards in the mail by December 1st...but I just can't seem to get the clock, the days to slow down.  I do not have any open weekends in December- there is something going on every weekend and of course we go on vacation three days after Christmas which means I probably need to undecorate the house the day after Christmas because I'm not going to want to come home to a decorated house on January 5th and not have time to take it all down until the 12th.  That is just not my style.  Once the holiday is done, I am pretty much done with it as well.  I realize that these are good problems to have- I'm blessed to be going on a cruise 3 days after Christmas, but just need more time.

Adding to this overwhelming feeling- trying to stay on top of my fitness schedule, getting in my own workouts, preparing for my classes and getting ready to take on format #3 and get ready for that training next month.  I'm excited for it and know it's going to be fabulous, but did I bite off more than I can chew?

EXCITED...
today was a pretty exciting fitness day.  It was the first day to register for the Megamadness that is Vegas in March, Les Mills craziness, super Mega Quarterly.   I reserved my flights last week and booked a hotel room as well- so today was registration for the actual event.  It's quite a bit more cost than last year, although there are more inclusions, not sure I would have paid for some of the inclusions.   Super excited that Body Combat Master Presenters Dan & Rach will be in Vegas this year, they are my new idols of course and I wish I thought I'd be ready to take AIM 1 with Dan, but just think I need to give it more time, plus it's a pretty expensive weekend when all is said and done.  I need to find a way to write this stuff off!  

Then I had messaged my friend Gediz to see if he was going to need a sub for his Body Combat class when he goes through AIM 2 next month and he tells me that he is giving up that class and probably won't be teaching it then, but also tells me that he suggested that I take over the class if I wanted to.  This is awesome because 1) I've been wanting a class in Mt View.  2) I was wanting to make sure I had a class to teach once Morgan is ready to take over the class in Santa Clara...so things are all falling into place.   I also figured out how to help mentor Morgan and not be stuck with the nasty commute to Santa Clara...I will go down there midday and work from their home until it's time to get to the gym.  Morgan will start to team teach with me this week and I have a plan cut out for her to be ready to tape by 12/20 and hopefully get in a few tapings before I leave on vacation.

Then to top it all off- I received the digital release kits this evening and am in the process of downloading them now- I love the option to have a few extra weeks of learning to master the programs, so this is awesome...i just need to make sure I can get everything functioning where and how I need it to.  It will be a PITA to have to make a CD copy and print notes...but oh well, it is the way of the future, resistance is futile. I do love getting them early!

So overall things are going very well..but I do need to set some time aside to take care of business and get things done. My mad organizational skills (as they have been dubbed from a High School classmate) will need to kick in full force for the coming weeks!

Six more minutes of download and then I go to bed!

No comments: