Body Flow or Body Flop?
Going for Les Mills Program #3 tomorrow. I'm not sure what has gotten into me these past few months but I've just re-embraced my fitness career and took a leap of faith with Body Combat in July, not sure if it was something that I wanted to teach or would be good at and now after a few months, I have fallen in love. I can tell the progress that I've made as an instructor in just a few short months- I don't think I look like I "fight like a girl" anymore, I'm having a blast and loving it! When I signed up, I knew I'd have a home to teach it at with Gold's.
Body Flow has always been a format that I've loved and have felt that I needed in my life. I used to love teaching my Yoga and PiYo classes and have missed them- I think this will fill the void. Yet another leap of faith, because I have absolutely no clue if I will have a place to teach this beautiful format (assuming I pass certification, of course). I know that the YMCA in Mt View is bringing it to the schedule and by default as a Silicon Valley Y employee, there is the possibility of getting something there, but most slots I believe are taken by instructors who already teach on that schedule. I will wait and see. I have also planted the idea with Gold's that Body Flow would be a great addition to our current Les Mills programming with Body Pump and Body Combat, she was open to the suggestion, but has to roll out Combat in all 5 clubs first. So there is hope here. I know members will love this program.
Going into training tomorrow, I'm excited and not nearly as nervous as I was with Body Combat. I think having two trainings just months apart I do know what to expect generally and I know what will be expected of me to pass. I know my choreography- which is amazing to me since I have not had nearly enough time to practice. Even though I received the release a week earlier than I was supposed to by a LM error, I still didn't get to look at it until the official two weeks prior and then I got sick, then Thanksgiving/Birthday weekend happened and work has been off the hook crazy. So I feel bad that I have not given this the time that I did for Combat. Of course, with Body Combat when I went to training I pretty much knew the choreography for 60% of the tracks - yes, I am an over-achiever. I have no clue the choreography for anything other than my two tracks - well I suppose I could muddle through track 10- relaxation! :)
What I am bummed about by having lack of time to prepare was that I was hoping that daily prepping would help to loosen me up, help to get some flexibility back into this aging body of mine. It wasn't that long ago that I was so much more flexible- amazing how quickly that disappears, but I do know that with practice it will come back again- but there is the key element - TIME. Did I bite off more than I can chew- to learn and practice and perfect three releases each quarter? It's awesome, amazing and challenging and I love all three programs- but I actually voluntarily chose to make my life more nuts- as if it's not nuts enough already.
I'm also bummed because my tennis elbow has been really flaring up this past week or so and even though I've been stretching and icing (not nearly enough because it's been so darn cold here), it's still bothersome- but I need to just push through and flip my dog like nobody's business and pray that I don't injure further. I am excited to take this training with several other Les Mills friends and I have heard that our trainer, Rachel is fabulous. It's going to be a busy, fun, challenging training weekend- so I best get my Body Flow butt to bed...first up in the morning is teaching Body Combat, then one hour break before training begins!
No comments:
Post a Comment