Today really was a great day...
Started the morning with my YMCA Spin class..they are a small group, but a very nice group- I feel like we are becoming a small family. It went well and was a great kick start to my Friday! I had plans to be super productive today and dubbed today a "work in PJ's day" and that's exactly what I did after my shower! I got a lot done on the travel work front which was so needed. Overall, a very good, productive day.
Then it was about 415pm and the day was winding down, I knew I had to get ready to go teach 530pm Body Combat and I decided to log into the Les Mills Instructor Portal and when I did, it no longer looked the same on my certification page...I knew instantly that my video had been assessed and I had PASSED! I seriously did the Snoopy happy dance. I really did feel good about my video and felt that I had passed, but until the fat lady sings, you just don't know for sure. I was thrilled.
I still am so humbled by the number of people who are so supportive of me. It's just simply amazing! I went to teach class and it's a class in the building...slowly. I had 1 person show up- a sweet girl by the name of Amy- this was her first Body Combat class and I could tell by track 3 that she thought she bit off more than she could chew - but how do you discreetly leave when you're the only participant? I completely toned things down to make her feel successful and to keep trying. I hope she comes back next week. I hope that this class builds- I really want to get this class to take off so that it's successful when I turn it over to Morgan. I'm sure excited that my niece Morgan is going to join the Les Mills tribe and go through Body Combat training next month. Since she lives in Santa Clara- this class is a great fit for her and I will gladly give it to her to get rid of the nasty friday night commute to Santa Clara.
It was a great class, fun to teach and I felt different teaching it knowing that I was now official! Now to start thinking of the next fitness challenge. I have been toying with two options for the weekend of December 7th...I'm either going through AIM 2 for Body Pump or going through Body Flow training. I hope to make a decision soon with this. I'm excited- I would have done all of these years ago if we had the venues that had awesome Les Mills programs like we do now! Getting excited for the Vegas Super Mega Q in March 2014...it's going to be EPIC and I'm even more excited now that I have two formats under my belt- maybe by then I will have three. It's amazing how this makes me feel so alive and how much I love sharing this with others.
We are getting ready for the big launch at Gold's on the 19th of this month. This time around the launch is at the Mt View location- so of course since this is my home club, I feel very attached to its success. I was subbing spin the other day and most spinners just spin- they do not participate in group x classes- they just spin and spin and spin. Well, I did my PSA and I think I actually have one gal who is going to come to the launch saturday and try Body Pump and Body Combat...we'll see. It's going to be a great day and I was so honored that Robin asked me to coordinate the Body Combat master class- assign tracks and get the instructors all on the same page. I should have that set this weekend- just waiting for the last instructor to RSVP is she will participate or not. It's going to be great and I can't wait to have a fun Super Saturday with my Gold's Tribe members! Kia Kaha!!
The rest of the evening: signed loan documents for our refinance- had the surprise that they expected us to write a check for $3500- I need to get to the bottom of this with the broker- but I do see the error- the payoff included interest effective 10/1 and I just received my statement today showing that we paid this interested yesterday...so it should work out that we don't have to come out of pocket much. Dinner and much earned WINE while watching great Friday night TV...although mostly alone since hubby nodded off about 3 hours ago ~ time to wake him up and head off to bed. It's going to be an early morning for me with the JCC launch (I am teaching one track) of Body Pump, then off to Gold's to take Body Combat and teach Body Pump! Lunch and then a much needed facial appointment...
It's going to be a great weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment