Sunday, September 22, 2013

Wait and See!

Video is uploaded and submitted.   I taught today and it felt REALLY good- I was totally on with choreography, coaching, technique.  I felt super strong, I felt "in the zone" and even after class Gediz came to me and said "wow- what a difference from the first time we team taught"...he said it was so natural, I was confident and focused.  That made me feel really great.  I know that Gediz has only been teaching Combat for about 6 months- but he's just so much the pro and very good at what he does, I truly value his opinion.

I did have some mic issues 1/2 way through the warm up- terrible feedback and then no sound emitting, so I took the mic off and taught with a loud voice the entire class.  I am seriously DONE with technology issues and I swear if/when I take on another format and I need to video, I'm just going to go buy something that is not going to give me grief!!

I just finished watching the taping from today and while I felt good, and I know I delivered a great class covering all the points that I needed to in order to pass- the quality of the video was blurry- just like attempt #3.  Not sure what is going on with this- unless it just didn't know what to focus on since there were participants in the class.  It focused on me Friday night just fine.   So I was really tempted to submit this one -but I feel that the visual is not clear enough and there are some points where it is hard to hear me with the music/fan, etc.  I had did my sound check before recording and that was all dependent upon using the mic!   So I went with Friday night's "no participant" video.  Kimi emailed me back last night and said that we can upload without participants, but that it's easier to coach with participants- which is very true.

So we wait and see where the chips fall.  A fellow instructor from training module submitted hers last weekend and found out Friday that she passed...so hopefully I find out very quickly also.  Biting nails!

No comments: