Twas the night before....
Body Combat training...and all through the house...I sit here with my leg elevated and an ice pack.
Had a great day at the drag races with my Brother, Hubby and nephews...weather was great (until the sun went down = new jacket purchased), races were fun to watch and to photograph - all in all a great day. However, walking back to the car when everything was over, it was dark, walking on a gravel surface with some rocks here and there- of course I step on a rock wrong, ankle starts to roll- I was able to get out of that situation but in my effort to do so tripped over another rock and went flying. Down onto my knee first and two hands. Of course, because I have the shortest legs in the family- 3 of my family members were ahead of me and had no clue that I had fallen, the 4th member walked right past me and claims that he didn't see me - that it was dark. But of course, from my point of view (the fallen) to see my nephew walk past me- HURT. I've got to believe that he didn't see me or didn't realize that it was me that had fallen, lost in his own little world at the end of a long and tiring day. I had still quite a ways to walk to the car and my leg was hurting and my knee kept "clicking" with each step up the last hill. Of course, I'm in tears because all I can think about is Combat training this weekend and all of the time and hard work I've put in to get ready for this weekend. I just hope my knee isn't F*#$@d up! I've fallen on this same very knee before a few years ago tripping over uneven pavement during a walk - so I am very careful to look where I step, but tonight was just too many bullets to dodge in the dark and uneven surface.
So other than a messed up knee/leg- I am ready for this weekend - or will be once I get a good night of sleep- which is where I'm headed to next. I had a great week of training and am so very grateful to my friend Lisa who has supported me through all of this and has welcomed me and my DVD to her living room everyday this past week to "do the workout" and for me to get the choreography into my noggin. Yesterday, I was trying to cue the moves with the teachers on the DVD- I think I'm OK. I feel pretty good about my tracks- I really love this entire release, but I think that just happens with whatever release you train on, it becomes a special place in your heart and soul. A few comically moments during training this week. Of course, Keegan was watching his mom & I do this workout and he actually did stick around and watch with us almost everyday- which is pretty darn good for a 5 year old! On the second day, he pipes up: "Mom, do you feel the burn?" (I think he's watched his mom & Jonathan do too many Jillian Michael's DVDs)- but it cracked me up...then yesterday Keegs was SINGING one of the songs and I just about died laughing...and he pipes up "I can't get this song out of my head"-- really at 5, he says that? He's just such a sweetie pie. Any kid who has been wearing cowboy boots since he could wear shoes is a pretty fantastic kid in my book!
Ok- I could write on for days..but I am off to bed...thankfully training begins at 10am tomorrow and I am going to get there a bit early to help greet the trainer and help her to get set up since the Director won't be there until later. Sort of excited to be the "liaison" or "club rep" for this. I really do feel like Mountain View is my club- we are a great family together and so very excited to be embarking on a second Les Mills format! Only took me 13 years (but that is actually a lucky number for me)..and I'm training on the last weekend of July- just like 13 years ago with Body Pump! Not going to let a little (or big) bruised knee get in my way.
No comments:
Post a Comment