Sunday, July 14, 2013



Feeling GREAT!

It's been an awesome weekend filled with fitness fun and great times out with fantastic friends.  Sometimes I forget just how lucky I am to have so many wonderful people in my life.   As I sit here and type this, I am SORE!  And it FEELS WONDERFUL!   I am sore in so many places that I have not been sore for a very long time.  In the last 4 days, I have completed 3 Body Combat classes, I've taught 3 Body Pump Classes,  1 spinning class and did some dancing Saturday night with the hubs.  It feels good to be active again, it feels good to be doing "my" workouts again.  

Body Combat this weekend was with two different instructors, one relatively new Combat instructor at my gym and he was really good, I would never have known that he was just certified on the last release.   Today I was a guest at another club to take class from my friend Donna and she's just impeccable.  She team taught with another instructor and they really were fabulous and I tried to soak it all in.  I know my body was definitely fatigued going in today but it was fun!   Donna gave me some great feedback afterwards...I need to work on extension in my punches and also need to remember to keep my guard up.  I know the punch extension is a definite- I can see and feel the difference between doing it right and wrong after going over it with her.   The guard issue, I am aware and do try to keep it up- I may have just been out of it today.  Going  to check with Saturday's instructor to see if he noticed anything...but in any case, I am aware now and will be paying close attention.  One thing about me, I am a perfectionist and want to succeed well at the training in two weeks.

Two weeks, actually less than that.  Hopefully, this time in two weeks I am blogging about what a wonderful weekend of training I've had with tribe members and that I have left with a Pass.  There are three options, Pass, Pass Withheld or Fail.   The third option is not even an option.  However, still no DVD/notes/track assignment in the mail yet.  I hope, hope, hope that it comes tomorrow- I'm dying to know which tracks I've been assigned.  I'm scared to death that I'll get the Matrix track, it's going to be hard enough to master the move without having to teach it - although it's a shorter track to teach.  Oh well, I'm going to get whatever I'm going to get and can't freak out about it until I get it! 

The three eating out occassions went well.  I actually made conscious decisions and did not overeat- in fact I left part of my lunch on the plate yesterday and then both last night and tonight I ended up taking 1/2 my meal home.  Major progress for me.  I will have some great leftovers this week for lunch!    So onto the next week and hopefully another successful one! 

No comments: