Crazy as it sounds- I am missing Body Combat- I knew that I wanted a day of not hearing the 10 songs that comprise Body Combat 56, I knew that my body wanted nothing to do with jabs, hooks, kicks for at least a day--but now I think I'm ready to get back at it and work on what needs to be worked on so that I can submit a passing video assessment.
Sunday night I was just numb- in a good way. My body was so exhausted, my brain was running on empty- I did nothing but become one with the couch and my laptop for "fun"- did not attempt to bring any work to the couch- it could wait. It was a wonderfully relaxing evening and I still stayed up too late- you'd think that I would have melted into bed early- but I was still so wound up. I was overwhelmed by the number of people with "likes" and "congrat" messages on Facebook and many telling me how proud they were of me for having completed the training and passing. It felt really good. I was also blown away by the number of Les Mills instructor friends who very quickly volunteered to be part of my video assessment class. I'm really feeling the Tribe Vibe big time....and it's very cool.
When I was first certified in Body Pump- which at the time it was Les Mills/Body Training Systems- the Maori culture was really not a part of the program, it was not emphasized, the "tribe" mentality did not exist. Sure, you had other instructors there to help and mentor you- but it was just different. Then over the years when Les Mills and Body Training Systems split and Les Mills moved forward with all of the programs- they really started to develop the Tribe mentality, the family of Les Mills instructors worldwide- but I was not teaching at any facility that offered these programs, so I was not really part of the tribe, so to speak. The past year or so with more contacts on Facebook, with the face to face meetings with other instructors at Quarterlies, Mega Quarterlies, AIM and now this Body Combat training- I am just really feeling the Tribe Vibe (love that phrase that I just put together). When I decided to take the Body Combat training, I had reached out to several instructors that I knew had been teaching the format for years and they were all so gracious with their advice and helping with feedback, opening up their classes for me to attend. It was very cool and like I say now to have so many wanting to help me with my video. It's very heart-warming. I remember when Gold's in Redwood City brought in Body Pump, the club required any instructors who had not taught in a few years to re-assess with a video and it was like pulling teeth to get bodies at a mock class to film. Very stressful.
I had the best massage yesterday- I actually went to see the Chiropractor first and that was fabulous but boy my body was sore. The massage though- seriously the best one I think I have ever had. about 30 minutes of Shiatsu with lots of stretching and then serious massaging of all my aching body parts..she did wonders- I was like mush when I left and I can honestly say that I woke up today feeling pretty darn good...only body part that still hurts a bit is my right elbow and that is from that stupid Crab Crawl that I could not do in a coordinated fashion...but it is feeling better today- I still went light on my bicep weight in class tonight because that seems to be the one move that irritates the injury.
Had a great birthday dinner for my brother last night- always nice to spring mom from "the institution" as she calls it. Just felt like a normal family night around the dining table talking and laughing. REally happy that my mom is doing well and living close by now. I feel as though we are finally getting to enjoy things.
Today I taught a line dancing class at the JCC for a 70th birthday party. It was a really fun time with about 20 ladies in attendance for the party- and they caught on very quickly. In an hour, they learned Cupid Shuffle, Electric Slide, The Hustle and Alley Cat and we danced a few of them more than once. Afterwards, I had several ladies ask me if they could get a regular class at the JCC..so I am hopeful that this will come to fruition...it was a beautiful day and I taught outside on the 4th floor of the Cultural Center- an area that I didn't even know existed. Before I left, one of the ladies came up to me and said "So cute talented girl with the smooth dance moves, how can we get you to teach a class regularly?"...so sweet. Watch out Fancy Feet (Bill Horst)- your wife now has "smooth dance moves" :) It was a great fitness day and finished with a fabulous Body Pump class tonight.
All in all a great day...behind in travel work- so need to focus big time on this tomorrow...need to catch up and end the month with a bang!
No comments:
Post a Comment