Monday, July 22, 2013

Ready, Set...GO!

As I sit and write this, tonight is THE latest that I am allowing myself to stay up this week.  I need to focus and get ready for my big Body Combat training weekend.  I am beyond excited, nervous & anxious.  It's going to be a TOUGH weekend, but I'm sure also a lot of fun and I'm just going to go in as best prepared as I can be and give it my all.  I have plans with Lisa to get together several times this week and "practice" with her.  Best way to get and keep that choreography in my head is to do it over and over and over again.  I was happy with my track assignments - truth be told I would have been happy with anything but track 6 with the Matrix Kicks and I have heard that nobody was assigned that track since it's a new move and quite challenging for advanced instructors.  Sigh.

Sleep is going to be key for me this week so that my body can get the recovery that it needs.  I went to Body Combat yesterday and then taught my Body Pump class and after dancing friday night and going to bed at 2am, then up at 8am...well not enough rest and too much wear and tear in a short period of time.  I'm not the spring chicken I was 9 years ago when I taught 18 classes per week and danced 3 nights in a row...I also used to get naps- daily.

I am a bit bummed in that my ActiveLink decided to fail this past week, so I have not had any accurate input to my Activity points since Tuesday.  After doing the troubleshooting and contacting customer support- they determined that my device has malfunctioned and they are shipping me a new one.  I hope it comes tomorrow.   As of Friday's weigh in- I have lost close to 7 pounds since getting back on track and I'm super stoked about that.  I am really being good with my food intake and trying to be diligent with portion control and trying to eat better.   Now that I've tried the Shakeology samples- I'm anxiously waiting for my shipment so that I can do the meal replacement nutritional shake once per day.

Other than this huge focus on fitness right now...work has been busy and I have been feeling accomplished.  Still having a steady stream of new business trickling in and quite a few last minute trip requests, which always adds a bit of stress to the mix.   Mom is doing well with her health, but suspect the mental game is shifting and I need to really start to find things to do with her to keep her busy or encourage her to do somethings herself- with fewer Doctor appointments, she's not getting out that much and the excitement of bingo can only go so far.

Ready, set, GO....Go to BED early!!
Ready, set, GO...kick some butt in training this weekend!!
Ready, set, GO...and be focused all week!!

That is the agenda for this week!   Off I GO!

No comments: