Saturday, March 02, 2013

Adios February....Hola March Madness...


February- a month of sickness, just a cold that sidelined me for a week.    A month of zero progress in the weight loss arena...so much for that goal.  I seriously have been trying, I have been working out more, I have been dancing, I have been making foods that are so not the old "me".  I have been drinking green smoothies, I have been eating fruit, I have cut back on wine during the week- yet still the scale yo-yo's up/down with the initial 5 pounds that I lost in January.   It's friggin' annoying.  I'm convinced now that this has got to do with the mid-life shit.   I have been Pre-M for years now, but I think I am finally smack dab menopausal now.  The Doctor told me that officially you are considered menopausal once Aunt Flow stops visiting for one full year... well I'm on my way...I think.   I'm going to have to do some more research and see what power foods may help to turn this around.

February - a month of new friends.  We attended a Baptism Open House party for the Pastor at our church and ran into another parishioner.  After chatting at the party, we ended up going out to dinner and have seen each other every weekend since.  It's nice to have new friends who are fun to be around and who live close.  It's been fun ,between dinner out, dinners in, brunch enjoying the sunshine, dancing at the Saddle Rack...really enjoying this new friendship with Lisa & Jonathan.

February- the month of Super Bowl 47 where the 49ers were finally back in the BIG Game..We didn't win, but it was a great game and I can feel confident knowing that we have a very bright future ahead of us with our new leader, QB  Kaepernick.   One more year in Candlestick and then we start the 2014 Season in the new home at the brand new Santa Clara Stadium.  I'm not excited to pay for our seats, but will be beyond excited once the stadium opens and we get to experience the new life that a new stadium brings to a team.  Look what happened to the Giants with the building and move to AT&T Park...3 World Series appearances and 2 wins in 12 years- not bad, not bad indeed.

February- the month of many Doctor visits for mom- but HAPPY to say, NO hospital visits or stays! Taking this month by month and trying to keep her healthy.  The leg wounds are almost healed, some modifications have been made on her medications to try to fix some leg swelling & trying to get her to gain weight and drink more water.  It's a challenge, but we're trying.  

February- our early Easter Family Celebration and Family Celebration for my sister's 60th Birthday.  Since Michael's college break was the last week of the month and with my sister leaving on a very special birthday trip on Easter, we had to celebrate early.  Bill & I hosted a very nice dinner - BBQ'd steaks, baked potatoes, creamed corn, french bread and of course birthday cake.   We also used our outdoor Chimnea fireplace for the first time, it was very cool (as in Fonzi cool) to have a fire out on our patio.

March - hello!  Where the hell did you come from so quickly?  This is going to be a crazy month and today - March 1st did not start out on a good foot, so I HOPE that it's not a sign of the rest of the month.  Started with oversleeping and missing my YMCA Cycle class.  I had to have been so tired because my alarm was set and I unconsciously hit "snooze"  6-7 times before I actually woke up and when I did, a few expletives came out of my mouth.   Nothing I could do at that point, except to email the Director and hope that the 620am instructor noticed that I wasn't there and stuck around to teach for me.  Thankfully, Janet was there and she did teach my class and the Director was very understanding and said it has happened to her as well.  I still felt horrible.   The day just didn't go much better - it was a choppy day with a 1230pm class to sub, I broke a finger nail, mom's Doctor appointment was moved to later in the day since the Dr. got stuck in surgery and then we hit traffic getting there.   As much as dancing was the plan for tonight- well Bill was pooped, I was still tired- so we stayed in.   I need to snap out of the funk that today has put me in - quickly.

March- a month of extended weekend trips.  Palm Springs for a wonderful 4 night stay of R&R..looking forward to that and hoping I can really leave my work at home.  I will check emails for any emergencies- but don't want to do any "work" while gone if I can at all help it.    Vegas the weekend after for the Les Mills Quarterly - which is going to be EPIC, but I'm not excited for how I look- the self-image is just not very good right now.  So at this point, I will be the fat & fit instructor at the Q, the one who has goals that she is going to reach eventually- once this body will start to behave and cooperate.  I will also be going through AIM 1, which will be really awesome.

March - a month of celebrations...Godson Nolan is going to be 7 years old this month..so hard to believe- these kids grow up so quickly.   Spending this weekend catching up with BFF Diane & family and we will get together next weekend as well to celebrate Nolan's birthday.   Spending some time with Lisa & Jonathan on Sunday and they have invited mutual friends- Tony & Lupe- such a small world in Redwood City.  Next weekend - party to celebrate Yvonne's birthday..dinner with my Mercy Alums the night before Palm Springs...a fun, social month.

March- a month of deadlines - taxes must get done, ACE renewal must be met- hoping I will have enough continuing credits after the Quarterly and then I also get to renew my CPR.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed when I see what is on the calendar this month- because it really is never ending.  Not to mention at least 2 Doctor appointments for mom each week, I get to bring my car in for a bunch of things that need to get done (cha-ching)...I am going on record now and saying that March 30th weekend is a NO PLAN weekend...Sunday is Easter, but with 1/2 the family gone, it will be a low-key family get together.

I am ready for the weather to stay nice..although seems we still have another cold front coming--but the longer day light days will start to happen after next weekend- seriously ready.  Need my Vitamin D!

No comments: