Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Sidelined....

Why oh why do I have to get a cold now when I am just getting back into my fitness gear?  I mean seriously- I've done more activity in January than I did in most of the second half of 2012.  I am feeling like I'm finally back on the weight loss path and boom- COLD!     Just not fair.     I don't know about other people, but when I get sick I was my comfort food- which equals stuff that is not exactly diet friendly.   I'm trying to work on that and get better- had an apple for lunch today!

I'm anxious to get well so that I can get back in gear.  I am teaching back to back spin on Friday morning and I pray that I wake up tomorrow feeling well enough to do that.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to get subs and I really don't want to do that.  And if I get subs for Friday classes, then that means I'm not well enough to go dancing Friday night.  It's Heide's first night doing dance lessons on a Friday night with the change of guard and I want to be there, plus it's Tiina's birthday celebration.  So I really don't have time to be sick!     Other than a big Friday night, the rest of the weekend is pretty clear.  I am very behind on work because I just can't focus when my head feels like it's splitting apart with all this congestion!  UGH!

Tomorrow I am hoping I feel well enough to get lots of work done- not getting much else done tonight, I'm wiped out.  Mom has two tests in the morning- a breathing test and then an ultrasound on her legs and I'm sure the breathing test will be fine.  I'm hoping that the ultrasound is good as well.  Her legs have been swollen the past few days and the last time that happened she ended up in the hospital with a pretty serious blood clot...always something - can't we just get over this already?  Ugh.

No comments: