Sunday, February 03, 2013

Super Weekend...

It really was a weekend filled with highs and lows...mostly highs.    Friday I was a bit apprehensive about going out Friday night because my eye had been giving me grief all day (had an irritating stye) and wasn't sure I could go out with it, but decided to go and I could always come home early if it really bothered me too much.  I'm glad I went- it was a GREAT night of dancing and I was so excited to see some friends that hardly every come out.   It was the last night for the Rita's Rock 'N Rodeo dance instructional team at the Saddle Rack, so many dance helpers old and new were there for this last night.  In some ways, it was a celebration of a successful run of 10 years at the Saddle Rack and in some ways for some people it was a very sad day as the torch is passed to another instructor.  Change is always hard, but it can also be a very good thing too.   I was thrilled to see friends Robin & Don there who we have not seen in a very long time and I had just been thinking about them the other day, so it was awesome to spend a bit of time catching up!

Saturday Body Pump was off the hook!   Not a full class, but a class full of regulars and it was my first time teaching Release 84 to them in full since launch happened while I was in Maui.  It was a great class and they are such a hard working, fun team.  After class, came home and did some chores then Bill & I headed over the Pastor Eric & Katy's house for their 3 month old son's Pre-Baptism Open House party and seeing that it was an Open House we only intended to stay for an hour tops- but we had a nice time chatting with Eric's family from out of town and then started talking to a Redeemer School parent that I've known briefly in person and through Facebook & her boyfriend.  After an hour, we were having such a great time that the four of us decided to go out to dinner- it was such a fun time, we laughed and got to know each other better and found that we all had quite a bit in common.  Such an unexpected night, but sometimes those end up being the best!

Super Sunday..well as much as I would have loved to continue to hit "snooze" on the alarm, I did get up and got to church just as services were starting.  Witnessed baby Nash's baptism along with two others who were baptized, then rushed home and met Kristy at the gym to take her Body Flow class. It was FLOW-tastic, she is such a great instructor and it was such a wonderful class.  I KNOW that I need this format in my life be it Body Flow or some other form of Yoga, I just need to do this a few times per week to get back my flexibility.  I have very tight quads, surprisingly my hips were not as tight as I would have expected them to be- but class felt wonderful.   Then it was off to Diane & Mike's for the Super Bowl Party.

I put temporary 49er tattoos on the kids, took pictures, decorated the man-cave with my 49er towels, blankets, pillows, flags, etc...330pm kickoff....and then the first half happened and it looked like my Niners didn't show up.   The second half started and was still unsure if they were here or not.  The power goes off at the Superdome and voila- when the lights came back on, my Niners were found!   However, it was a bit of "too little too late"-- they made one helluva comeback and truth be told the refs did play a part in the loss as they did miss a few calls that would have benefited the Niners, but in the end the Niners do not get to return to SF with the Vince Lombardi Trophy.  Although, I am very sad about this and had such high hopes for a 6th Super Bowl Trophy and was already planning my week around the possibility of a Niner Victory Parade (Parades seem to elude me)...I sit here very proud of this team.  They gave us a phenomenal year!  Colin Kaepernick has shown that he is one amazing athlete and quarterback.  He is the future of the 49er organization and he is going to lead us into the next Niner Dynasty.  I feel it with my heart and soul.   We came up short today, but next year we will make it all the way..Niner Faithful...FOREVER!

No comments: