It's been crazy & it's been nuts, but gotta say that March has been a pretty good month so far. Still another 2 weeks left, so bring it on! Work has been super busy, in fact my hopes of not doing any work in Palm Springs fell to the way side...with a huge group of 220 people taking a trip in May with "Destination Unknown", meant that I needed to be on top of this. It's a great chunk of business that I've already invested quite a bit of time into, so had to keep working on that. Also, had a few other trips with decision deadlines, but it's all good. We did miss about 3 hours of pool time on day one here in Palm Springs, but Bill was very understanding.
We have been having a super time in Palm Springs. We have danced SO FRIGGIN MUCH this weekend-- 3 nights in a row and hours on end! It feels AMAZING to have that activity back in my life. I can't believe how much I really missed dancing with my foot injury and then just plain fatigue from last year's stresses. But even better, seeing the shear joy on Bill's face when we are dancing. He just lights up, his "fancy feet" go crazy and it just warms my heart to see his joy. Tonight we were doing a swing dance and I sometimes have to get into "self-protect" mode because he can get a little crazy with his moves and if not careful, I could very easily injure my shoulder. So I tend to back lead the moves and/or not follow his lead...tonight I had done it 3-4 times in a row and just got into such a giggle. I was laughing uncontrollably and he was chuckling, it was the deep down belly laugh, I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Just AWESOME to have that much fun! We have decided that now we are going to set aside about 45 minutes each evening to line dance in the garage- for fun and for exercise. Now that my foot feels pretty good, I want more!
On this trip, we finally took the Tram up the mountain and that was pretty fun, we had a nice dinner and watched the sun set, then see all of the lights in Palm Springs come on- very pretty and boy it gets chilly up there! It was nice to finally do this as we've wanted to for years! We also visited the Indian Casino down here, again after passing it during every trip we've taken down here- it's a pretty nice place and had some fun gambling. Lots of time by the pool, enjoying the 90 degree weather. My only complaint is that the time has flown. But we will be back. We really do love the desert!
Gearing up for a crazy few days of work this week and then it's off to Vegas for the Les Mills Quarterly, which I think will be fun- although I will say that I'm not really "feeling it". Although I know a lot of people who are going to the Quarterly, most are just acquaintances- so it will be interesting to see how the "social" part of the weekend plays out. I have a ticket for the after party and hopefully will be able to find and hang out with some of these people and enjoy a fun time. But as far as I know I am completely on my own Thursday and Friday night. I get the impression that people have set up their own plans for those nights, so we'll see. I am looking forward to AIM on Friday as that is 200% for me, it'll be a great workshop and will hopefully jump start the weekend into being the great experience that it is meant to be.
March has been a month of mostly great news for mom. We had several follow up Doctor Appointments- Cardiologist did an Echo Cardiogram and said that mom's heart function is much better than it was last year at this time, Dr Giattina was thrilled. We go back to see her in June, barring anything unforeseen. Pulmonologist said that mom's breathing test didn't reveal anything unexpected and that the allergy tests revealed common allergies- mold and dustmites- two things that you pretty much can't avoid...but basically said to come back if there are any issues otherwise 4 months to follow up. We went to see Dr. O'Halleran and he took the unna boot off of the leg and declared the leg wounds HEALED!! Amen, Halleluiah! So all GREAT news in one week. Of course, the one pending appointment was to occur while I was gone this weekend in Palm Springs- mom had to go for a procedure with the GI Doctor 1) to scope down the throat to make sure the ulcer of 2 years ago is healed - and YES, it is, so no worries there. and 2) to do a "semi-colonoscopy"- to find out why mom has been having some bleeding in her stools. Well, test revealed that she has that darn C-Diff AGAIN! Has probably had it for at least a week or two, but the symptoms were so mild that she didn't think that was the issue- but seems her colon is so irritated, hence the blood. Sigh. Back on the very expensive antibiotics for 10 days and then try to figure out how we can keep this from recurring again and again. So much good news all around, but this darn C-diff is just horrible! On the up side though, at least this case did not send her to the hospital, it is mild and the antibiotics kicked in right away- she had not felt back at all this time around, yet does feel much better already. I have of course been really drilling to her to stay hydrated, which is a concept she has a hard time grasping but I think I've gotten her to drink tea now so that she can get some hydration and also cut out the caffeine from coffee (hence more dehydration)...I spoke to her tonight and she had a wonderful St Pat's day (her day), went to bingo with my sister and paraded her "St Pat's Bear" around at breakfast and dinner and brought joy to many of her neighbors at Woodside Terrace when they hear the Bear sing "When Irish Eyes are Smiling"...she loves that bear!
No comments:
Post a Comment