Look out Weekend, cuz here I come....
because weekends are made for fun! Yes, they are! I have had a very busy week, in fact Thanksgiving feels about a month ago and my birthday- did it really already come and go? Yikes! Oh well. This weekend will start around 215pm tomorrow! I am excited because tomorrow I get to see BOTH World Series Trophies and get a picture with them! I received the invite last week from Giants management and signed up, then I asked Bill if he wanted/could go and he declined- so then I asked my brother and of course he was in. I then raffled off the remaining 2 spots to my ticket partners, picked the names and then actually out of all those who could go it ended up being just 1 person who really could, leaving one spot available. Hmmm, what to do.
I thought long and hard about this and decided to see if my mom would be interested. After all, regardless of what physical ailment she was battling this year, she was always tuned into KNBR to listen to every Giants game. Her radio was her best friend in hospitals and skilled nursing facilities this year. I asked her and of course she had her first initial concerns and I assured her that I could drop her off very close to the portwalk and then park the car. Told her if she got tired walking, that is what her walker seat was for and worst case, she could sit and we could push her. She laughed and said "that's been done before". Told her to sleep on it and let me know the next day. Well, the next day we were discussing wardrobe and looking at her "orange" sweaters. She did express a concern for rain and that she couldn't possibly hold an umbrella and push a walker- my answer- duct tape. She laughed. So she is going and I think she is pretty excited, especially knowing that this is an opportunity of a lifetime and I told her it was also something to give her bragging rights at the Terrace. Super excited! I'm just happy to give her the opportunity to have some fun - FINALLY!
Friday night we have plans to co-celebrate birthdays with my friend Kelli. Bocce Ball and dinner in Los Gatos with a small group of friends. Something different, something fun and it will no doubt be a night of laughs. Saturday is pretty open right now, but I'd like to see the downtown tree lighting if possible and who knows- maybe even go dancing Saturday night. Sunday I am taking mom to "REAL" bingo at the Veteran's Center. She's excited. In fact, she has been overall in pretty good spirits the past week and I think a lot of that has to do with purpose. She has been a busy bee working on my holiday cards. She's not as fast as my nephews, but she wants to help, she is happy to help and happy to have something useful to do. I'm happy that I could help!
It's going to be a great weekend and this is actually our last "low-key" weekend until next year. Seriously, we have at least 2 parties every weekend from now until 2013. But that is a huge reason why I get all my shopping, wrapping, decorating done by December 1st. Still not entirely done with shopping, almost there.
Have not been able to move forward with my fitness plan this week. Have not made it to any gym outside of my teaching. Hoping to get to Zumba tomorrow. That will require an early to bed tonight and get up early enough to work before going to class. I will do this, I have to because I am not a fan of my body these days - feeling very plump.
Remodel projects are somewhat underway. Cabinets have been ordered for both the garage and the Master Bath. I'm told that the cabinets for the garage will be hung in time for our Holiday party...hope so. I am not a fan of cutting things close, but I have a feeling I won't have a choice in this matter. I think demo starts next weekend on our bathroom..we have made decisions on wood grain, door style, tile..so think we just have to pick out fixtures, sink, counter tops and then we'll be all set. Exciting but not exactly what I wanted to have going on during the holidays. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.
No comments:
Post a Comment